• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Development todo lists

QcMrHyde

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I am in the good section but I was wondering if you guys have some public todo lists with different tasks regarding development. I'd like to start to help with the development but I don't really know where to start so I would like to explore the code while doing small tasks that nobody wants to do like minor fixes, testing, translations or whatever. Can anyone help me with this?

hey there
a good start would be to list your skills and languages and would suggest to look into testing 12.1

My everyday job is mostly web development with .NET and I know you probably don't use that technology at all but it's not a problem. I'm looking to learn Python, Node.js and Qt (or whatever), I just need a project to dig in. I've also work a little bit with Java, C and C++ but I really don't care if I have to "relearn" and read a lot. All I want is to start developing for the cryptosphere and I think DASH is a great project so I'm coming here first.

EDIT: I mostly want to do back-end developing

Last edited:
Do you have a live chat where the devs hang out?

yes we do
Dev Slack (but devs only)
i will pass your post in and see if there is any interest / suggestions

good as well is to engage on dashnation slack - there are a ton of good community ideas and projects going on

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I am in the good section but I was wondering if you guys have some public todo lists with different tasks regarding development. I'd like to start to help with the development but I don't really know where to start so I would like to explore the code while doing small tasks that nobody wants to do like minor fixes, testing, translations or whatever. Can anyone help me with this?

Some people got money from the budget system, but they did not deliver anything.

If you want to develop something really usefull, just try to fix the budget system in a way so that if someone promises something and does nothing, then the community to have the right (by voting) to take back the money they gave to him.

This is very important, because if there is a community that gives money to someone , there is no result at all, and the community does not fiercely demand the money back, this is a clear sign that this is a corrupted and fraud community, a bubble community. Every reasonable person found himself into this community by accident, should flee from that community ASAP.

So if you want to do something usefull and not develop yet another bullshit, just try to code the above system which can measure the scam and can reveal (in a measurable way) to any external objective observer how much corrupted a community is.

Transparency, isnt this what we want? :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
yes we do
Dev Slack (but devs only)
i will pass your post in and see if there is any interest / suggestions

good as well is to engage on dashnation slack - there are a ton of good community ideas and projects going on

OK thanks, I'll go have a look at dashnation slack and I'm also on #dashpay on IRC. Which you should sync with one of your slack channel, some other cryptos have their slack messages on their IRC channel.

fix the budget system in a way so that if someone promises something and does nothing, then the community to have the right (by voting) to take back the money they gave to him.

I'm not an expert in any means but I doubt that it's possible to "take back the money". It sounds really Ethereum-ish, maybe it could have 2 votes, one to accept the proposal, the other to release the funds but like I said I'm absolutely not an expert concerning all those technicalities.

I think it would be much easier reimburse an completed project or a proposal should at least has a working prototype...

I'm not an expert in any means but I doubt that it's possible to "take back the money". It sounds really Ethereum-ish.

Yes it is possible. And yes it is Ethereum-ish, but in a organized and regulated manner. Ethereum blockchain fork happened as an accident, an accident not written in the code or in the protocol.

The fork we are talking about will not happen as an accident, but as a predefined decision of the community. And because it will be a predefined and regulated fork decision written in the protocol and in the code itself, thats why all the community will follow that fork, and only the scammer will remain with the old illegal blockchain (which will obviously lose all of its market value immediatly).

The valid version of code each Masternode owner should have is always recommended. Why shouldnt we start recommending also the legitimate version of Dash blockchain that each Masternode owner should have? Let us recommend the legitimate blockchain version which should be decided as the result of the vote of the community (a regulated vote defined and written into the Dash code and protocol so that nobody can deny the vote's result).

If we are able to define what the legitimate blockchain is, then we can easily take all the money back from the scammer. And because the procedure of defining (by community voting) a legitimate blockchain will be written into the protocol and into the code, all the community will respect that and no split may happen (like it did in the Ethereum case).

This is also how an objective external observer is allowed to discover whether the community is a fraud or not. Because if the objective external observer sees unfinished budget proposals get paid and the community not to ask the money back, then it is obvious that the whole community is a fraud. Transparency, for the outsiders and for the objective external observers, isnt this what we want? :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back