• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bill Payments and Bank Transfers to 45,000 billers in Australia

Somebody suggested that - if this proposal is successful - some kind of weekly update showing progress against the schedule would be good.

To me, this seems like a reasonable request for anybody making use of public Dash budget funds. Where would you all like to see this happen? I'm thinking maybe in this thread or another one on the Dash forum might be a good place.

The minimum would be an update a little over a week before each voting/payment cycle. This will give masternodes confidence of the proposal's progress to keep their yes votes. Weekly updates would also be great and will help you with feedback.

Frankly, I think all proposals should get automatic no votes if they don't provide updates or properly address questions each month. I think the core team is spending way to much time trying to get answers, when the proposal owners should be following through on commitments.

As for where to give updates, this thread is a good place. If you are implementing features or announcing something new, you are welcome to create a new thread in general to showcase it.

Isnt it by chance that this proposal had 12 winner + 1 like =13 ratings, and 13 comments , until I decided to talk and vote here, 6 whole days after I was waiting, for everything that was to be said, to be said, and everything that was to be voted, to be voted?

paying bills using dash?

Isnt this a direct call to all people who dont care about privacy and anonymity, to invade dash?
Isnt this an attempt to subvert the current majority of the dash community, which are in favor of anonymity and privacy?

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Now that the comments are 14, let me tell this.

YOU SHOULD FORCE (THROUGH THE PROTOCOL) ALL DASHERS TO PAY THEIR BILL BY FIRST SENDING THE SOME IN A NEW (ONE USE ONLY) WALLET , USING THE PRIVATESEND FUNCTIONALITY. That way THEY (you know who are they) will know the real names of those who mess with dash, but at least they will not know how many dash each one owns.

Do not allow the community to be floaded by people who are privacy and anonymity ignorants! Those people will vote for dash one day, and if they are against or indifferent on privacy issues, this will be the end of privacy and anonymity for dash.

Last edited:
Now that the comments are 14, let me tell this.

YOU SHOULD FORCE (THROUGH THE PROTOCOL) ALL DASHERS TO PAY THEIR BILL BY FIRST SENDING THE SOME IN A NEW (ONE USE ONLY) WALLET , USING THE PRIVATESEND FUNCTIONALITY. That way THEY (you know who are they) will know the real names of those who mess with dash, but at least they will not know how many dash each one owns.

Do not allow the community to be floaded by people who are privacy and anonymity ignorants! Those people will vote for dash one day, and if they are against or indifferent on privacy issues, this will be the end of privacy and anonymity for dash.

I dont see your rational. Just because a large part of the user base may not care for the privacy aspect; that shouldn't change the remaining user bases ability and desire to use the privacy functions of this incredible currency.

I dont see your rational. Just because a large part of the user base may not care for the privacy aspect; that shouldn't change the remaining user bases ability and desire to use the privacy functions of this incredible currency.

Off course they will. First of all because this proposal if implemented will attract many privacy unconcerned, and when they will become the majority, they will start voting defective privacy and anonymity proposals in the budget.

Additionaly, it is obvious that the underlying goal of his proposal is to discover the real names of the people who mess with dash. And they will know the names by the bills they pay. If someone knows the names of the vast majority, it is then very easy to spot those few who insist protecting their privacy. You cannot remain anonymous inside a sea of identified. The anonymity is preserved only when those who practice it are numerous, and only if they are the majority.

Do you know the story of the TOR network? It was desinged in order to be used by U.S. intelligence agents, but suddently they discovered that if they were the only ones using it, it was very easy for someone to spot them. A few anonymous could not survive into a sea of identified. Thats why they decided to reveal the TOR technology to the people so that the anonymous to become noumerous. So, vice versa to the case of the TOR network, if the majority of dash people will become privacy unconcerned, and they will start revealing their name by paying their bills, then those few who insist protecting their privacy will be exposed. Because someone will scan the network, will find few people who protect themselves, and then it will be easy to spy and analize the traffic in order to finnaly discover and reveal them.

So if you want privacy and anonymity you have to force every newcomer to respect some minimum privacy prerequisites., otherwise the newcomer should not be accepted.

Last edited:
Here is some initial media coverage after our implementation of DASH!

1) Finance Magnates
Australians Can Now Pay Rent, Bills and Even Taxes with Dash
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/innovation/australians-can-now-pay-rent-bills-and-even-taxes-with-dash/

2) EconoTimes
DASH integrates with Australian cryptocurrency firm Living Room of Satoshi
http://www.econotimes.com/DASH-inte...tocurrency-firm-Living-Room-of-Satoshi-384665

3) Australian FinTech
DASH integrates with Living Room of Satoshi bill pay service
https://australianfintech.com.au/dash-integrates-living-room-satoshi-bill-pay-service/

4) EIN Newsdesk
Australians Can Now Pay Rent, Bills and Even Taxes with Dash
http://world.einnews.com/article/352453541/live

Back