• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

6/20 RC3 Post-mortem

S
Exact, i have already set up a CI server at http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa - i still need to tweak the Buildsystem/makefile a bit, as it does not support cross compiling yet, but once i have that up and running i want to continue setting up the automated tests and gather some metrics (code coverage, cyclic complexity, ...)

Very welcome to have someone looking at the tests in src/test folder :)
So I have been looking at the Unit Tests for QT client and command line. I released a pull request that fixed the build of both test_darkcoin and darkcoin-qt_test. They both build and run now. Code has been merged into the Master branch of Darkcoin. I also fixed the Unit Tests for Darksend as they weren't building correctly. There is not much in the way of tests for Darksend. I plan to add some more this week. Will work my way through all the Unit Tests and add some tests as I go. It's a good way of learning the code and I would urge any other budding Darkcoin developers to do the same.

So I have been looking at the Unit Tests for QT client and command line. I released a pull request that fixed the build of both test_darkcoin and darkcoin-qt_test. They both build and run now. Code has been merged into the Master branch of Darkcoin. I also fixed the Unit Tests for Darksend as they weren't building correctly. There is not much in the way of tests for Darksend. I plan to add some more this week. Will work my way through all the Unit Tests and add some tests as I go. It's a good way of learning the code and I would urge any other budding Darkcoin developers to do the same.

Marvelous! As soon as i find time next week i will set up nightly builds on the CI server with enabled tests and have a look if its possible to gather stats on code coverage/metrics and/or run some static code analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. Like AlexGR, I believe development should be as transparent as possible and I support him posting the IRC chats on bitcointalk. It's not as if they were PMs or private conversations; #darkcoin-test is open to the public and I think it should stay that way. Of course it could be taken out of context, but so can posts from anywhere else. So many coins try to sugarcoat or hide negative aspects of their development from their users/investors. I don't want Darkcoin to become like that.
i partly agree and disagree, some discussions that the dev team might have needs to be private, we might be throwing ideas about, rejecting them and move on, one that would not be good to be taken out of context, someone might think we will implement one idea, but that idea might be rejected. so i would say we need both private and public area where things can be discussed.

Back