• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What is more profitable? A master node or lend the Poloniex?

The counter party risk is much lower with a Masternode. It's no counter party risk actually. Just a hacking risk.

Poloniex is a large target and I would suggest more likely to be hacked than you.

imo... PRI does not seem to be anywhere near where it should be if loaning coins on the exchange ! tenths of 1% in interest ??? is the demand, from what I can tell...

If you are able to, go with the Master Node alternative. I would.

YMMV
rc

Poloniex..........how can I put this? I wouldn't borrow one Doge from them! And that's too generous IMO. If you have 1000 Dash and the knowledge, it's quite the no brainier, TBH.

WyteMtr

You can earn more % (with bigger risk) by lending on Poloniex than operating own Masternode, but...
The main profit to Dash investors doesn't go as percentage from Masternode or percentage from lending on Poloniex.
The main profit is made from Dash Price rise, and...

1. When you are setting up Masternode - you are helping price to rise.
2. When you are lending your Dash on Poloniex - you are helping traders to push Dash's price Down.

So for me second option doesn't look as "more profitable", and event doesn't look as "smart investor behavior" (lower Dash price also means less development fund and so on...).

2. When you are lending your Dash on Poloniex - you are helping traders to push Dash's price Down.

Do you make this statement because loaned Dash on Poloniex can be used to short?

Could you also borrow Dash on Poloniex to go long?

I would agrees that "net" Poloniex Dash would tend to push the price down relative to collateralized Dash in a Master Node. I'm just trying to get a better understanding...

@jhoskins
So yes, lending DASH on Poloniex will result in someone selling so there would be an immediate (small) downward push on the price.
However, at some point in the future the borrower will need to buy back the dash, this will undo the downward push. Also the lender will earn interest. If the lender kept the interest as DASH then this will lead to a slight upward pressure on the price of DASH. These changes in price will be so small they are not worth worrying about.

I am beginning to think it is not worth having the coin tied up for even the 2 days!
but I am still learning...
Best
rc

and I DO agree w/ alex-ru ... MN is the best place for a large bag of DASH...

[QUOTE="alex-ru, post: 101823, member: 1771"
.[/QUOTE]

Question... if I were to set up a Regular DASH node with unused PC would it be beneficial to the DASH project ?

Speedtest shows my link has ping 9ms 65mb/dl yet only 4.4mb u/l...

Tnx !
rc

I loan on Pol in addition to my nodes, but only smallish amounts. I'm talking under 50 DASH at 1.4%. Made .3 dash in a few hours today, more than if I just sat on it in a wallet.

@Darren
Hey, thanks for that, I think I'm starting to get it...a little. Am I correct in thinking that going long is an equity proposal, while going short is a debt proposal?

If you margin trade on poloniex, ya better know what ur doing. It's risky, the rates are pretty substantial, and I just don't like that exchange in general. Yes, you can make a couple coin doing so on poloniex, possibly a lot of coin. But in retrospect, you can also have your whole account liquidated quite quickly. Winner, poloniex. They don't lose, you do.

WyteMtr

If you margin trade on poloniex, ya better know what ur doing. It's risky, the rates are pretty substantial, and I just don't like that exchange in general. Yes, you can make a couple coin doing so on poloniex, possibly a lot of coin. But in retrospect, you can also have your whole account liquidated quite quickly. Winner, poloniex. They don't lose, you do.

WyteMtr

I agree, I've never margin traded because it scares me. I'm sure that if I tried it I would lose my butt. Anytime I sell, the price goes up, every time I buy, the price goes down.

You can earn more % (with bigger risk) by lending on Poloniex than operating own Masternode, but...
The main profit to Dash investors doesn't go as percentage from Masternode or percentage from lending on Poloniex.
The main profit is made from Dash Price rise, and...

So for me second option doesn't look as "more profitable", and event doesn't look as "smart investor behavior" (lower Dash price also means less development fund and so on...).

any short have to close at some point, and if price kept rising, those shorter will have to buy @ even higher price.

Back