• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Partial compulsory MN voting

sorry I do not agree
you can not force people to vote ! what kind of governance is that :eek:

sorry I do not agree
you can not force people to vote ! what kind of governance is that :eek:

That's okay, bookmark that thought and come back to it when you see nothing happens because most MNOs are there purely for the dividend.

That's okay, bookmark that thought and come back to it when you see nothing happens because most MNOs are there purely for the dividend.

no need , as me and my couple of MN's will keep this going :rolleyes:

@GrandMasterDash, one good consequence from not compelling votes, IMO, is that proposals will only receive enough votes if it is important enough for the MN operators.

So, if a proposal is too bad, voters will want to vote it down. If a proposal is really good, voters will want to vote it up. If a proposal is not the least relevant, it will have a hard time gathering enough votes in order to be approved.

The logic here is:

1. It is better to have no proposals approved (and burned budget DASH) than to waste money in non-important "fill the gap" proposals;

2. if one believes his idea is important, he must make sure he convinces the voters, or else it will be ignored.

3. (almost forgot) if the Masternoders are only a lazy bunch, they will be the ones to lose the most.

;)

Last edited:
It would not take people very long to create an open source program/script that waits til the end of the cycle and then automatically votes with the majority on all proposals or something like that

Actually, there is nothing wrong with someone being an MNO "purely for the dividend." In fact, I would guess most people have MNs for the dividend, and if they are involved in the voting process, it is in order to protect that dividend.

If a MNO doesn't vote, that is their right. If their lack of involvement causes the value of Dash to decrease, then they have hurt their own investment.

I'm not concerned with MNOs not voting; I'd be more concerned with MNOs voting without researching the proposal in question.

It would not take people very long to create an open source program/script that waits til the end of the cycle and then automatically votes with the majority on all proposals or something like that

I heard that script is already being used by most MNOs, which is why the price of dash is only ~12 USD

"Vote yes/no on everything" script is less than 1 minute of << writing script itself + crontab for scheduling >> but I highly doubt MN owners are that dumb to simply flush their money down the toilet that way :rolleyes:

Back