• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

You really going to make me get a Shift card?

I'm not a fan of coinbase's collaborator status, but if DASH is never going to execute...

Hey bro I have had a shift card for a while, and its pretty useful to xfer in Dash to you debit card and use it when you need instead of the whole selling dash for bitcoin then cash setup I was forced to use for a while... those damn fees add up quickly. I admit Coinbase may blow but they do offer soem good services.

Hey bro I have had a shift card for a while, and its pretty useful to xfer in Dash to you debit card and use it when you need instead of the whole selling dash for bitcoin then cash setup I was forced to use for a while... those damn fees add up quickly. I admit Coinbase may blow but they do offer soem good services.
I've been out of the loop for a while. Say that again? I don't have to convert to BTC first?

Last edited:
I've been out of the loop for a while. Say that again? I don't have to convert to BTC first?

No of course you do! Sorry to confuse you lol I mean't like manually doing the process.

these days its just as simple as instantx some dash to shapeshift which shows up in your coinbase account which is your debit card balance.

I only use coinbase when I wanna buy something with my card essentially.

You can fund a Shakepay debit card with Dash without going through Bitcoin yourself (I guess they eventually do it when you use it). It is in beta atm, but as far as I know it is going great, so it should be launched soon. However, I think I remember some comment about not being available in the US in the first phase due to regulation, so you two should have to wait more.

No of course you do! Sorry to confuse you lol I mean't like manually doing the process.

these days its just as simple as instantx some dash to shapeshift which shows up in your coinbase account which is your debit card balance.

I only use coinbase when I wanna buy something with my card essentially.
I'm easily confused, lols!

I'd like to set up some thread thing for my boat travels, to try to keep the exchanging, when I need it, between real people... But, I should have a backup plan.

Coinbase says Shift works anywhere in the world that Visa is accepted...

I wish I didn't have to exchange it at all... Ah well, maybe the world will grow up just in time for me to die...

You can fund a Shakepay debit card with Dash without going through Bitcoin yourself (I guess they eventually do it when you use it). It is in beta atm, but as far as I know it is going great, so it should be launched soon. However, I think I remember some comment about not being available in the US in the first phase due to regulation, so you two should have to wait more.

To use the skakepay debit card, you have to enter an address of some sort. I shouldn't say this where google can hear me, but they DO NOT verify the address. You can deposit Dash to the debit card.

I'm not trying to hide, but that's nice info.

Their FAQ says it's not a physical card tho...

And the United Neo-Soviet States of America aren't supported...

Their FAQ says to bombard them with demands that DASH be included. Well, that's what sounded like in my head...

Yes, they will take a 1 $ monthly and they will let the physical cards out.

Jimminy Cricket... $1usdXmonthXthe potential user base... I've been in the wrong racket all these years !

Then again... Nothing's free in Waterworld.

YMMV
rc

Well, hopefully they get there... They say USA supported by summer. $2500 limit isn't enough, plus I need a physical card anyway... I can already shapeshift/btc/amazon gif card for online stuff... I talked with their support staff a bit, they seems to be all about it... We'll see.

In other news, it looks like all talk and no action has yet again tanked the price increase...

Last edited:
Well, more newbie stuff from the likes of me... Does it even belong here ?

Coinbase is now telling me they are GDAX and will support direct fiat swap for ETH.
From where I sit, this is same topic as underway here.

How do we get GDAX to support direct fiat ramp for DASH ?

A founder of Coinbase/GDAX has just come out Very strong on ETH in this presentation :
https://medium.com/the-coinbase-blo...t-of-digital-currency-5300298f6c75#.81bvtapeo

It's a strong synapsis ! And sales pitch. Fred is a heck of a writer !
Question.... Is it all true/factual... ?

How do we get this fellow to work with us in the DASH community ?

Perhaps all this IS a cult of personality...

Fred says BTC has none, and limitations along with contention...
He speaks highly of Vitalik, in all ways... (which I don't necessarily see.)
I've watched Andreas, here and there, and he makes excellent presentations.

I have come to DASH from Amanda J, who would definitely fit the picture of 'cult of personality' !
Especially when she was able to back it up.

ED also inspires confidence when he speaks, IMO, much more than the V man.

How to make the judgement call ?

It's a dissappointment for me to be required to exchange my fiat for BTC before paying a fee, again, to enter DASH.
This very much needs to be rectified, at the most reasonable rate.

Will market cap control it all, in the end ? Fred does mention that...
If ETH is Bill's money, there's no way I, or possibly even we, can compete with that on anything resembling a level playing field.

I won't make apologies for newbie stuff... yet we should not have to shapeshift into or out of DASH to make use of it.

It's my hope that ED's vision includes all this.

Best
rc

Back