• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC and the future of DASH

2ofSpades

With digital currency in its prime and Bitcoin transaction fees at an all time high there is a position open. What is it for? The role of bitcoin in my opinion. Bitcoin is now experiencing a transformation to a commodity from a currency due to transaction fees. From what I read, DASH has many qualities that Bitcoin dreamed of in its early development days. DASH isn't just going to become the digital world currency without some promotion though. There are plenty of other alt coins that could become the next bitcoin. There is also a massive amount of ASIC power about to arrive and I'm wondering what people are thinking of that?

Dash has some great advantages to promote and some hurdles to jump.

Advantages:
  • DASH has a great story with a lot of history and a bright future which is updated and broadcast to the community, all of this should be promoted.
  • Lighting fast transactions, super low transaction fees. Anywhere from 400-500+ TH/s of ASIC mining power coming in the next few months with plenty more on the horizon.
  • Lower maximum amount and daily amount of newly minted coins. As long as DASH continues growth, share/coin price will no doubt stay stable and will only continue to rise.
  • Top candidate for daily trades and holding for gains.

Hurdles:
  • Ethereum. Also has lighting fast transactions and has way more exposure. ETH does have one big drawback compared to DASH and that is the amount of coins in and that will be in circulation. ETH mints far more coins than DASH resulting in a greater devaluation of currency. ETH has more potential to go down in some scenarios because of that.
  • Exposure to more demographics. DASH is mainly traded by the west. For example ETH has tons of exposure in Russia and Litecoin and Neocoin are big in the Asian sector. Bitcoin is known worldwide and Bitcoin cash is its unwanted offspring. DASH is this great platform that has been kind of forgotten.
  • Emphasis on marketing. DASH should be on as many banners and billboards as possible. There should be links to start a wallet and fund it using fiat. If DASH doesn't promote itself enough it won't become a front runner. It all comes back to exposure and ease of access.

Conclusion, X11 mining difficulty is going way up and digital currency is coming to a pivotal moment on the timeline. This is just my analysis. The main question I have is why are there not more marketing campaign proposals.

I believe that most important feature of dash is power to change.

If hash rate doesn't help with lowering fees nor environment, then I think something

has to be done to address that. But at the same time we don't want to betray

Asic miners who already bought the equipment. So in my opinion dash

has to address in predictable and consistent manner to solve the issue.

I also think dash should spend more treasury on none western countries.

It is true that financial problem was created by western world. Unaffordable

spending, creation of fractional reserve banking, credit, and derivatives.

Last edited:
Great points everyone and I just wanted to point out that DASH demonstrated great stability during this last downturn. Better than both ETH and LTC which is always good for growth.

I would agree oversea is the way to go. Not only can DASH compete with ETH and LTC in Asia and Russia, they can also move towards markets that would be more receptive to the west. India, Israel, and the UAE are all prospective markets right now. Website and exchanges for fiat, convincing investors to hold DASH. Metrics wise, DASH has more potential for share/coin price increase than BTC, LTC, and ETH. If DASH pumped the 3 billion into its market cap that ETH has to pump in to gain 10% on its share/coin price, DASH would be worth $700+. That being said, it's not hard to see that if DASH can tap into some new markets, the butterfly effect will have them snagging some altcoin capital as well. If DASH was even 1/2 as big as big as Ethereum it would have a coin value of around $1900. Litecoin can't say that.

My calculations on the new hashing power were very conservative. There is actually going to be closer to 4,000-5,000+TH/s of X11 hashing power coming in Q4 2017, not everyone is goin to mine DASH though. I wouldn't worry about hashing power or punish miners in any way. Instead, focusing on growth and taking advantage of the large amount of hashing power will bring the desired result. The faster and cheaper the transaction, the better.

Change and adapt to achieve growth and stability.

With digital currency in its prime and Bitcoin transaction fees at an all time high there is a position open. What is it for? The role of bitcoin in my opinion. Bitcoin is now experiencing a transformation to a commodity from a currency due to transaction fees. From what I read, DASH has many qualities that Bitcoin dreamed of in its early development days. DASH isn't just going to become the digital world currency without some promotion though. There are plenty of other alt coins that could become the next bitcoin. There is also a massive amount of ASIC power about to arrive and I'm wondering what people are thinking of that?

Dash has some great advantages to promote and some hurdles to jump.

Advantages:
  • DASH has a great story with a lot of history and a bright future which is updated and broadcast to the community, all of this should be promoted.
  • Lighting fast transactions, super low transaction fees. Anywhere from 400-500+ TH/s of ASIC mining power coming in the next few months with plenty more on the horizon.
  • Lower maximum amount and daily amount of newly minted coins. As long as DASH continues growth, share/coin price will no doubt stay stable and will only continue to rise.
  • Top candidate for daily trades and holding for gains.

Hurdles:
  • Ethereum. Also has lighting fast transactions and has way more exposure. ETH does have one big drawback compared to DASH and that is the amount of coins in and that will be in circulation. ETH mints far more coins than DASH resulting in a greater devaluation of currency. ETH has more potential to go down in some scenarios because of that.
  • Exposure to more demographics. DASH is mainly traded by the west. For example ETH has tons of exposure in Russia and Litecoin and Neocoin are big in the Asian sector. Bitcoin is known worldwide and Bitcoin cash is its unwanted offspring. DASH is this great platform that has been kind of forgotten.
  • Emphasis on marketing. DASH should be on as many banners and billboards as possible. There should be links to start a wallet and fund it using fiat. If DASH doesn't promote itself enough it won't become a front runner. It all comes back to exposure and ease of access.

Conclusion, X11 mining difficulty is going way up and digital currency is coming to a pivotal moment on the timeline. This is just my analysis. The main question I have is why are there not more marketing campaign proposals.
Completely agree

Back