• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Windows Mining Walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you again.

i added the" pause".
the note pad still flashes on the screen for about a half second. not long enough to read.
the directions did not say anything about a pool. how do i incorporate this?

Well let's try to sum up:
1 - Open notepad and paste
minerd-corei7-avx.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://144.132.128.29:7903 -u XrDx5xXQpzFExZuVZaG3ogtM83poV9x4gM -p x --quiet
pause
The stratum+tcp//144.132.128.29:7903 refers to an IP address, which one? Or are you mining solo?

2 - Save the txt file in the minerd folder as "thenameyouwant.bat"

3 - Double click on the .bat file

4 - Report any error, if any

minerd-corei7-avx.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://144.132.128.29:7903 -u XrDx5xXQpzFExZuVZaG3ogtM83poV9x4gM -p x pause

No you are not solo, I can't open the link but I guess you are on a P2P pool.
Try to remove the --quiet instruction from the bat file

Hi guys i am new to DarkCoin and i am trying to set it up.My .bat file is:
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe -c config.conf
My .conf file is:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
    {
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333",
        "user" : "fileto.xxxx",
        "pass" : "password"
    }
]
"intensity" : "19",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "darkcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "20481",
"gpu-engine" : "966",
"gpu-fan" : "60-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1300",
"gpu-powertune" : "10",
"temp-cutoff" : "92",
"temp-overheat" : "90",
"temp-target" : "80",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"log" : "1",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "10",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
I started mining but i noticed very LOW "WU" i was mining litecoin before and i knew it had to be as much as possible? Is this wrong? Here is screenshot:
bKxz7wF.jpg

and in the tutorial i saw that there is a way to send mined coins directly to the wallet? How that happpens? In your example i saw that you put your address in the -u(username field), if i put it there in the .conf file would it work?and for the password? which password,for the worker or for login to the pool? Oh,and when my mine DarkCoins get confirmed? I have around 0.3 now and they are all Uncofrimed.
Thanks and sorry for the LONG post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Work Utility is quite different from scrypt coins. You get 1 work utility every 76.1 mhash/s, so take your average speed and divide it by 71.6, you will see that 0.034 is correct.
You can send coins to your wallet if you mine on a p2p pool, where user is your wallet address. The password depends on the pool you've chosen, if you are registered then you have to set-up a worker (at least it's the way of working on the official pool).

For unconfirmed coins wait 24 hours, if they have not been confirmed yet, write a post to the pool administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Work Utility is quite different from scrypt coins. You get 1 work utility every 76.1 mhash/s, so take your average speed and divide it by 71.6, you will see that 0.034 is correct.
good to know about WU. cheers

so i followed what you said .. it works fine as of now .. but in the part where the 'u' and 'p' need to come while editing the code and making a bat file ... do i need to out something there or just leave it as U and P ??

also , ive been mining for about 24hrs now ( both CPU and GPU ) with total hash rate of almost 550 and i don't see anything in my wallet :'( Whats wrong ?

and which pool shall I join .. this is related to 'worker' concept right or what ?

more details on this U and P thing please ? :)

Im a total noob to mining so im going to try using this guide on my GTX 780 Ti and seeing what happens :) Thanks in advance haha.

Im a total noob to mining so im going to try using this guide on my GTX 780 Ti and seeing what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back