• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What makes DAO's so exciting for you?

Fallwind

(if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to a more correct one)

I'm a game designer and I'm looking at ways to integrate DAOs into game development, without falling back on the old, expositive game mechanics which have become so common these days. To make games which give value to players and are fun to play, it's vital for those making it to understand what their players find fun and valuable.

I posted earlier today on the r/CryptoCurrency subreddit asking DAO members what they found exciting about being in a DAO, and one of the replies mentioned that I should ask on this forum for your input as well.

What I would like to know from people who are invested in DAOs is: What makes it exciting for you? I'm assuming it's more than just about the money, as there are so many other ways to invest. What makes you want to be in one DAO vs another? How often do you check on votes/polls? Do you prefer more active or less active DAOs? Do you have a daily/weekly routine? What would you like to see in a videogame with DAO features?

Thank you all so much for any information you can give. DAOs are so new that there is no "best practices" yet for incorporating them into game development, so it's vital that I learn from you all what you like and what you don't so that we can do it right by you.

Might want to take a look at these links:

As you can see, an award was granted. Generally speaking, the more you ask, the more scrutiny there will be, so it's a good idea to be transparent and realistic to establish some trust.

I think you should definitely hook up with @LostInSpace. I would be interested to see if anything could come of it.

I would love to see dash get into the play to earn scene. As you know, there are some big players, Ubisoft etc. And although they are experimenting with the NFT thing, I am concerned how that really plays out in the long term. I mean, there are issues of censorship and copyright. Who's going to police the borders between games / worlds? Enter DAOs, a chance to build games with NFTs that are truly open and uncensorable, or at least such issues are held to vote.

In my mind, the DAO element of dash is more important than the currency side. The Dash Investment Foundation has shares in ReadyRaider:

Unfortunately, dash dropped the ball with play to earn. We have very little presence in the Philippines and look at what Sky Mavis / Axie managed to achieve. Having said that, the Philippines government got wise to the tax opportunity, so I'm sure between Sky Mavis and Binance, a lot of user data has been handed over. That seems like an opportunity to me, to build an ecosystem with no single entity to point a finger at.

Back