• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What function maps difficulty to the length of zero bits required?

Crotchfire

Before delving too deeply into others' code or fitting a function to data from a block explorer, I figured I'd ask and see if someone can point me to the answer here :)

I have learned that when nobody responds on this forum it means they don't know wtf you are talking about... You might want to pop into IRC to ask this question it sounds like we need a bit more of a back story. You are asking a complicated question with no back story.

I have learned that when nobody responds on this forum it means they don't know wtf you are talking about... You might want to pop into IRC to ask this question it sounds like we need a bit more of a back story. You are asking a complicated question with no back story.

What are you talking about ? :grin:

Before delving too deeply into others' code or fitting a function to data from a block explorer, I figured I'd ask and see if someone can point me to the answer here :)

double dDiff = (double)0x0000ffff / (double)(nBits & 0x00ffffff);

nBits is the "Bits" field of the blockheader of the last block. That's the zeros you're searching.

Back