• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Warning - Windows Question Inside

Ignition75

Hey,
I know Microsoft Windows are swear words amongst the technical elite, however I'm guessing one of you may be able to help me.
I've noticed with P2Pool it's very sensitive to having a nice clear connection to the ISP. Previously, when I was pool mining with 30 rigs, I could slam my connection with FTP and it wouldn't make much difference. I've noticed with P2Pool, DOA sky rockets when my web connection is not reasonably clear.

So I need to get some QoS loving happening on my network. I'm mining with Windows 8.1 on each mining rig, it's using SGMiner. When I'm setting up traffic rules on my router, will it be TCP/UDP traffic that SGMiner is using and also will it be bog standard port 80?

TIA to anyone that can help.

I'm looking for the internal port, it's all good I'll have a poke around on Google.
The miner most likely isn't specifying what port it's using locally when creating a socket, so it's probably random each time.

You really sure that's what the qos is asking for?

The miner most likely isn't specifying what port it's using locally when creating a socket, so it's probably random each time.

You really sure that's what the qos is asking for?
No I'm not really sure lol. I just want to give all my miners top priority on my router so when I'm using my connection for other things, DOA is not effected...

Back