• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wallet is not sync

Using that tutorial and successfully building the wallet, there should be no issues with syncing. You could try to allow incoming connections by opening port 9999.

Do you mean like this:

image.png

nothing changes.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 114
Exactly like that if that local ip is on the computer running the wallet.
You might need to add a node or two to your configuration file.
Make a new file like this.
Code:
Nano /~/.darkcoin/darkcoin.conf
Addnode=23.23.186.131

If that does not work follow this:

Downloads:
At this time, please download the pre-compiled Release Candidates and read the PDF regarding the use of the wallet. When fully functional, the source will be made available. Please follow this link:
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendDocumentation.pdf

I suppose I am missing something.

1. Where exactly to create the"darkcoin.conf" file?
    a) I have not got such hidden "darkcoin" folder
    b) I have "bitcoin.conf" file in my "darcoin" folder and put the "addnode=23.23.186.131" but nothing change
    c) Why in the tutorial this file creation is not explaing?
  2. In order to start the wallet with the specif node, I have to try to start it like this
    Code:
    ./darkcoin-qt -addnode 23.23.186.131
    but still the wallet is not synchronizing.
  3. I have downloaded the window wallet and open it with wine - it was not synchronizing again. I have found some topics explaining that some files from the wallet should be deleted (in case windows wallet is used) but was not able to do this such the wallet is just an "exe" file
  4. Finally, I have switch to Windows 8 and downloaded the windows wallet again - it was not synchronizing ...
  5. I have checked the link you have give me to the beta wallet before while I was trying to fix the issue. I have downloaded the "darkcoin-qt" file but was not able to open it. It is opening it with paypar2 and generating some files that can be executed (really do not know what to do here)
Since, the wallet is not synchronizing under windows, too, I guess this could be some network problem or something with my router changes.
Could you advice what to try? I am out of ideas and there is nothing left in the net.

The wallet is synchronized now. What I have changed is to add the following nodes in the "bitcoin.conf" file (not sure this is doing something):

Code:
addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67
addnode=54.242.50.205
addnode=50.17.98.53
addnode=54.225.43.37

and open the 9999 port as you advice.

Back