• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Vanity Darkcoin Addresses

Ahh, OK. Great. Just need to import private key. Thank you!

And no, no exe. I just ran 'make' to compile it. I've been reading about making an exe however and I'm going to get onto doing that after work. I used the generator on a hosted Ubuntu session and it was pretty slow. If I can get exe working on my windows machine, it has 2 x R9 290X cards in it, that I'm hoping to use to speed things up a bit.

I'll send you link if I get it sorted though.
Thank you! I've been so busy with work and after work I got so tired so I haven't tried to compile this on the VS (which I need to install also on another computer).. I'm glad you're doing this. :)

Woohoo !!

ETA: 21 days using a -D option with 1 core VM Ubuntu with 2GB ram! :grin:

Have to ring up my GPU mining buddy

had the same,,,difficulty was 888457612959 did 5 out of 888 today after 12 hours...so I stopped it......with gpu on windows would be better ;)

Any chance someone could compile it for windows?

i have a bunch of gpu's 290x and 280x that i can use, i can even do some hashing for new address if someone wants it, but rigs are on windows because of proper fan control i had problems regulating it on linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Works under macOS High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) adapting these instructions to DarkVanityGen.

Here are the steps for macOS:
  • Open Terminal.
  • Install Homebrew if not already done.
  • Enter command: brew install pcre pcre++ openssl (or brew update pcre pcre++ openssl if you already have them)
  • Enter command: git clone https://github.com/propulsions/DarkVanityGen
  • Open pattern.h in some text editor, replace the line #define INLINE inline by #define INLINE — then save and close.
  • Open Makefile in some text editor, replace the following lines
LIBS=-lpcre -lcrypto -lm -lpthread
CFLAGS=-ggdb -o3 -Wall

by

LIBS= -lpcre -lcrypto -lm -lpthread
INCPATHS=-I$(shell brew --prefix)/include -I$(shell brew --prefix openssl)/include
LIBPATHS=-L$(shell brew --prefix)/lib -L$(shell brew --prefix openssl)/lib
CFLAGS=-ggdb -O3 -Wall -Qunused-arguments $(INCPATHS) $(LIBPATHS)

then save and close.​
  • In the Terminal, go inside the DarkVanityGen folder then enter command: make all
DarkVanityGen is now installed on your Mac, even if certain steps above might very well be unnecessary, because I'm no expert at all, I'm just blindly adapting. (Also: someone, rename DarkVanityGen to DashVanityGen, please!…)

To use D…VanityGen (at your own risk of course), simple type this command in your Terminal: ./vanitygen -D "Xdaf" — assuming you're interested in Dash addresses beginning by Xdaf, which you're not. Try ./vanitygen -D "XfLuffy" instead, but this might take longer, i.e. an expected heavy load on your CPU. When you get your private key, you might verify it here for instance (Wallet details > Enter private key > View details) or by some other smarter and faster way that I don't know.

Remember that these characters: I, O and l cannot be used. That's why we have "XfLuffy" instead of "Xfluffy" above.

Last edited:
Works under macOS High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) adapting these instructions to DarkVanityGen.

Here are the steps for macOS:
  • Open Terminal.
  • Install Homebrew if not already done.
  • Enter command: brew install pcre pcre++ openssl (or brew update pcre pcre++ openssl if you already have them)
  • Enter command: git clone https://github.com/propulsions/DarkVanityGen
  • Open pattern.h in some text editor, replace the line #define INLINE inline by #define INLINE — then save and close.
  • Open Makefile in some text editor, replace the following lines
LIBS=-lpcre -lcrypto -lm -lpthread
CFLAGS=-ggdb -o3 -Wall

by

LIBS= -lpcre -lcrypto -lm -lpthread
INCPATHS=-I$(shell brew --prefix)/include -I$(shell brew --prefix openssl)/include
LIBPATHS=-L$(shell brew --prefix)/lib -L$(shell brew --prefix openssl)/lib
CFLAGS=-ggdb -O3 -Wall -Qunused-arguments $(INCPATHS) $(LIBPATHS)

then save and close.​
  • In the Terminal, go inside the DarkVanityGen folder then enter command: make all
DarkVanityGen is now installed on your Mac, even if certain steps above might very well be unnecessary, because I'm no expert at all, I'm just blindly adapting. (Also: someone, rename DarkVanityGen to DashVanityGen, please!…)

To use D…VanityGen (at your own risk of course), simple type this command in your Terminal: ./vanitygen -D "Xdaf" — assuming you're interested in Dash addresses beginning by Xdaf, which you're not. Try ./vanitygen -D "XfLuffy" instead, but this might take longer, i.e. an expected heavy load on your CPU. When you get your private key, you might verify it here for instance (Wallet details > Enter private key > View details) or by some other smarter and faster way that I don't know.

Remember that these characters: I, O and l cannot be used. That's why we have "XfLuffy" instead of "Xfluffy" above.

I have forked this project and added your instructions and it works on my MacOs Mojave. Few fixes needed (number of processor threads for example) and a GUI would be great .
You can find it here https://github.com/med4u/DashVanityGen !

Back