• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Dash Trust Protectors compromised

qwizzie

According Glenn Austin (CFO of DCG) the Dash Trust Protectors have the following ways to introduce change :

Trust protectors were intended to initiate change through the following mechanisms:
- Own the shares of DCG
- As shareholders, reassign the DCG board if the masternodes instruct it to do so
- Assign or hire the trustee of the Trust
- Hold other passive assets that ultimately belong to the network such as patents or trademarks assigned to it by
DCG or other legal entities, and enforce any associated licensing requirements
Source : below mentioned Dash Central decision proposal (see comments)

According kot / Robert Wiecko (COO of DCG) the Dash DAO Irrevocable Trust is :

a legal entity that has defined certain legalstatus and Trust Protectors have their mandates described there. Here is a description shared a long time ago by Ryan: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-legal-structure-details.39848/#post-193885
Source : below mentioned Dash Central decision proposal (see comments)

By directly initiating the creation of a decision proposal on behalf of an unknown group of masternode operators (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Decision-Proposal-Improve-DCG) which influence the voting on that decision proposal considerably, the Dash Trust Protectors have overstepped their legally-defined mandates and lost their neutrality and objectivity in the proces.

I think the only way to restore that is for the Dash Trust Protectors to step down and issue new elections for the Dash Trust Protectors.
Key would be to make sure every new candidate understand his or her legal mandates and pledge to honor the neutrality of the Dash Trust Protectors position.

If there is an unwillingness among the Dash Trust Protectors to do that, then i think a decision proposal should be launched that lets us poll the network.

Last edited:
Well boo hoo, are you gonna block me here as well ya muppet. Meanwhile, you can't complain, I didn't see your lazy ass on the list of the TP election earlier this year, so what are ya yapping about?

I think the only way to restore that is for the Dash Trust Protectors to step down and issue new elections for the Dash Trust Protectors.

This should be a general rule not only for trust protectors, but also for every representative, the CEO/CTO/COO/CFO included of course.

An endless vote should be associated to each and every representative and the representative should be immediately revocable (or re-elected) if this is the decision of this endless vote.

Back