• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

TenX Dash Debit Card – Slipping Dates Proposal Update - Dash Force News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Mason

TenX Dash Debit Card – Slipping Dates Proposal Update - Dash Force News

Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April Owner: julianhosp (added on 2017-03-29) 305 DASH ($84.26/D) approximately $25,700 at date added. Votes: 773 Yes / 118 No / 40 Abstain. The pre-proposal thread is 10 pages long at the time of writing. Dr. Julian Hosp (julianhosp) has been very active responding to just about every question.

During this same timeframe TenX where Julian is a co-founder had also been in the process of doing an ICO which just successfully completed on June 24. They raised 200,000 ETH. The details are not yet published but that seems to be worth near $60,000,000 (@$300/ETH). This was raised to work on their debit cards and their new Cryptographically-secure Off-chain Multi-asset Instant Transaction network (COMIT).​

You don't think it's a bit negative?
It pretty much is direct quotes. Looking back it seems unrealistic promises were made up front. I don't attribute any motive and agree there was lots of follow up communication. But don't promise what you can't deliver. If you say 3 weeks you should be certain you can deliver as that is a very short timeline. I still hope for the best.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It pretty much is direct quotes. Looking back it seems unrealistic promises were made up front. I don't attribute any motive and agree there was lots of follow up communication. But don't promise what you can't deliver. If you say 3 weeks you should be certain you can deliver as that is a very short timeline. I still hope for the best.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I understand. In fact, I was one of the people that originally rejected the proposal because they made it clear that dash would be added later in the year. But having said that, the network accepted it and tenx are slowly (albeit late) delivering on their promise. Not perfect but it's now a selling point, an added benefit to all dash users.

I thought Dash Force was committed to positive engagement, not bashing a product that ultimately helps dash users.

One of my goals for the "proposal review" articles is to show the full range of outcomes that happen. There is a wide range of projects results:
  • completed on time and have great results
  • completed on time and no net benefit
  • completed late with great results
  • completed late with no net benefit
  • never completed
  • never really started - scammy
  • morphed into something else after funding for good or bad
Based on the current status I hope we can place the TenX card in "completed late with great results."

There are other projects like "integrate proton mail" that were never completed - if I write about that I would have to show the monthly status saying "waiting" on vendor and then placed on hold by "Dash core" due to vendor decisions. I would not consider that bashing on either side just the fact that "Dash" can't control other organizations priorities. From my personal experience you learn something from every project - the "tough" ones can be real "growth opportunities."

Thanks for the discussion. My next article is a very positive story - and I certainly prefer those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back