• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Tax calculator

acidburn

Is there enough interest in a tax calculator for coins?

I'm thinking, since I've purchased quite a lot I'm now wondering what do to in the vent of me going over my threshold.

So, I'm going to out together an online site that will calculate your tax should yu sell out and convert back to fiat.

What do you guys think? If it's good I'll set up a thread where we can exchange ideas focused around this.

Seems like an alright idea, wouldn't you just have to input your income to figure out your tax bracket then input how long you held it to find out if it's short or long term.

Example: Say you bought ABC stock on March 1, 2010, for $10,000. On May 1, 2012, you sold all the stock for $20,000 (after selling expenses). You have a $10,000 capital gain ($20,000 – 10,000 = $10,000). If you are in the 25% tax bracket, you pay $1,500 in capital gains tax ($10,000 X 15% = $1,500). This amount is in addition to your tax on your ordinary income.
If you would be in the 10% or 15% ordinary income tax rate bracket except for the capital gains this year, you may have some capital gains taxed at 0% and some taxed at 15%.

http://blog.taxact.com/long-term-capital-gains-tax/

Sound about right... I don't know if theres enough demand to warrant a web application. Maybe a desktop app instead.

This is a hell of idea. Keep in mind every nation has its own tax rates and laws.

In germany you pay 0% if you buy darkcoin and sell it after not less than 12 months.

Back