• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

Poppycock! The network still support low collateral nodes and last I checked you can pick one up for a little over 1 Bitcoin or $36k USD.; Cheap!
There is no such thing as a "low collateral node", an invented term because now there is one which is more expensive. Nor has any node collateral requirement declined inline with dash inflation, thus dash for dash, more expensive.

To participate as a HCMN, there are no options at the same price as an original dash node. Shared masternodes is not a comparison as you don't get to choose the server spec and location, thus could not be described as organically decentralized.

What happened was, new functionality - which can only be achieved with a new node type - were introduced. This in itself is the thin wedge to divide and conquer by marginalizing the original nodes. I suppose it might be loosely like introducing a co-existing mining algo (like digibyte) but forcing the new algo to use more energy / returns... big toys for big boys... until yet new functionality with higher collateral comes along and that too marginalizes the HCMNs.

This is the HPMN FAQ that DCG created to provide answers to questions from the Dash community about HPMN / Evo nodes --> https://www.dash.org/hpmn-faq/

In that HPMN FAQ the following was stated :

Knipsel.JPG

Therefore a 4K HPMN would get 75% (¾) of its rewards from the Platform chain and 25% (¼) of its rewards from the Core payment chain.

This is a recent pull request :

feat: masternode payment reallocation from coin base to platform #5342

Knipsel1.JPG

Source : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/5342

This looks like an Evo node (after Dash Core v20 is activated) only get 37.5% of its rewards from the Platform chain and 62,5 % of its rewards from the Core payment chain ?

Why is only 37.5% moved from the coinbase into the Asset Lock Pool / Platform in this Github pull request, instead of 75% ?

Last edited:
Why is only 37.5% moved from the coinbase into the Asset Lock Pool / Platform in this Github pull request, instead of 75% ?

Because it was going to be 50% rewards goto to regular MN and 50% goto HCMN, if HCMN also get paid once every cycle as a regular MN, then only 37.5% is required to goto to HCMN.

Code:
50% - (50%/4) = 37.5%

This reward will then form a balance of about 430 nodes for HCMN and 1733 Regular nodes, however, I will work on https://mnowatch.org/highperformancemasternodes/ tonight to do this math and show optimal balance too.

Because it was going to be 50% rewards goto to regular MN and 50% goto HCMN, if HCMN also get paid once every cycle as a regular MN, then only 37.5% is required to goto to HCMN.

Code:
50% - (50%/4) = 37.5%

This reward will then form a balance of about 430 nodes for HCMN and 1733 Regular nodes, however, I will work on https://mnowatch.org/highperformancemasternodes/ tonight to do this math and show optimal balance too.
Makes sense, thanks.

It would be interesting to see some ROI percentage numbers as well on a low number of Evo nodes (lets say 200 nodes) versus optimal number of nodes (??) versus high number of nodes (430), after Dash Core v20 activates.

With a low number of Evo nodes i suspect a rather high ROI annual percentage. Or at the very least a rather high ROI with the first few epochs, before things balance out.

Last edited:
I assume the initial ROI on Evonodes might be much lower than a normal MN due to low usage of the platform but I hope this changes quickly.
@QuantumExplorer said on discord yesterday that if we had a volume as Solana on Platform, Evonodes might generate 300% ROI. Interesting no?

I assume the initial ROI on Evonodes might be much lower than a normal MN due to low usage of the platform but I hope this changes quickly.
@QuantumExplorer said on discord yesterday that if we had a volume as Solana on Platform, Evonodes might generate 300% ROI. Interesting no?
During the HPMN discussions in this thread i was wondering how the Platform rewards would work out exactly shortterm & longterm for HPMN / Evo nodes. If it would be a combination of the number of Evo nodes on the Platform chain & Platform usage / collection of Platform fees or just the number of Evo nodes on the Platform chain, that would drive future Evo nodes profitability.

Reading your reply however it sounds like it is just the Platform usage / collection of Platform fees that will be the driving force then. Which means early Evo nodes on the Platform chain right after Dash Core v20 activates would not profit more, then Evo nodes setup awhile after activation of Dash Core v20. Early Evo nodes could even profit less in the shortterm, if the driving force behind it all is just Platform usage / collection of Platform fees, as you seem to indicate.

But i also remember Rion showing a spreadsheet that had some really interesting ROI percentage numbers in the shortterm (for those early bird HPMN nodes), so i would like to understand this more clearly. That spreadsheet was before the 'Lets use Dash Core v19 update as an transition period for Evo nodes' though (i think).

Last edited:
I think Splawik said some things without clarifying what those things were. The calculation I gave above is correct and there is a sweet spot (balance) somewhere around 400 Evonodes where both Regular nodes and Evo nodes get the same ROI, however, what QE said was,

QE.PNG

Now, think about it for a moment, if Platform suddenly got so busy that fees were making a difference to the ROI, then more Regular 1k nodes would consolidate into 4k Evonodes, the effect of this is to share the ROI across the entire network meaning the Regular nodes ROI will go up too, because they will be getting paid faster due to fewer nodes in the payment queue.

Back