• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Seems some pools try to cheat

crowning

About 30 minutes after Evan had to switch off enforcement some pools (which had complied to 25% payments before) suddenly completely switched off masternode payments.

IOW, they added code to test the enforcement status and stopped paying masternodes almost immediately after it was switched off.

Fuckers.

You know who you are...

Huh? I thought the update fixed these issues? Or at least orphaned the unpaid blocks?
If I understand correclty, peer-to-peer requires the majority to agree on something. But, the powerful minorities can launch attack on the good majority and win if they put enough resources into this.

Clever from their part... 25% to 60% earnings not lost to mns when not enforcing.

So, if they just let the blockchain split, we cannot do anything about it. Right? Or, we can start blocking them or banning them on the network. I think we can stop their earnings first without splitting the blockchain. Right?

EDIT: I think we can do that one at a time. If we can stop the biggest pool/miner from cheating, others will comply.

So, if they just let the blockchain split, we cannot do anything about it. Right? Or, we can start blocking them or banning them on the network. I think we can stop their earnings first without splitting the blockchain. Right?

EDIT: I think we can do that one at a time. If we can stop the biggest pool/miner from cheating, others will comply.

Actually what you wrote is almost exactly what the enforcement is supposed to do.

Unfortunately due to some technical issues it had to be switched off again.

Once this is fixed enforcement will be switched on again and their blocks will not be accepted in the blockchain any more.

Actually what you wrote is almost exactly what the enforcement is supposed to do.

Unfortunately due to some technical issues it had to be switched off again.

Once this is fixed enforcement will be switched on again and their blocks will not be accepted in the blockchain any more.

While there are some issues, the number of MNs now exceeds 1010. I guess they are increasing their MNs.

Back