• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Running Testnet on same VPS instance as mainnet MN, possible ?

qwizzie

if its possible does this mean adjusting the firewall to allow testnet port 9998 (ufw allow 9998/tcp) ?
if its possible can i temp switch dash.conf's so i can start the testnet MN while my normal MN is still running ?
(i assume copy dash.conf to somewhere safe, replace it with testnet's dash.conf and reverse the whole thing once testnet has started ? Or will this give problems with my running MN ?)
how do i go about using two different dashd's ? i guess i could rename one to dashdtest and run with --testnet .. is that the way ?
anything else i need to consider ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible.
1. Testnet use port 19998 and 19999 , you can co-running with mainnet (default port = 9998 and 9999 ).
2. Temp switch dash.conf by parameter : "-conf=/home/dash/.dash/dash-testnet.conf" temp switch to testnet by parameter : -testnet
3. you may run with full path to specific dashd file. ex "./dashd" for running dashd in current directory and follow by above parameter to specific config file and testnet (testnet=1 can put in the config as well in case you don't want to add "--testnet" in command )

Considering running testnet with different user is a good option :) so you will not mix things with your precious Masternode :)

Hope my answer help :)

Testnet also allows you to run multiple MN instances: there is no restriction to default port and you can have for example 3 instances with port 19999, 20000, 20001 all running on same single vps/ip

Back