• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

rpc authorization error plaguing me...

ugofantocci

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your support in the first place.

I am trying to write a little personal bash script for a project I am doing at work that will allow me to automate a few tasks I need to run, in particular with dash.conf that will be automatically edited adding some addnode= list I require and other things.

It is purely for a project the company I work for is running.

I have a VPS service that comes with dashd pre-installed through a template made by my hosting provider and at reboot it has a screen session created automatically where I can monitor the daemon's behaviour.

The dash.conf provided is a very default one (my script will take care of populating the various lines I need).

rpcuser=tempuser
rpcpassword=temppassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
txindex=1

However, this is the main hurdle I get... it looks and sounds very stupid but I really cannot get past it.

These are the first lines of my bash script (all the required binaries have been copied to /usr/bin for ease of use):

dash-cli stop
sleep 10
rm -Rfv ~/.dashcore/blocks chainstate/ database/ (I want to use a bootstrap that will be processed later, so I want a clean directory)
sleep 2
dashd --daemon (I need dash to be back on now as otherwise later steps requiring dash-cli will fail)
sleep 10

At this point I get my error:

error: incorrect rpcuser or rpcpassword (authorization failed)

Why is this the case if I haven't modified the dash.conf rpcuser or password at all? I have left the original one that was supplied by the hosting provider.

Any help to correct what I am doing wrong will be greatly appreciated.

I am truly sorry if I can't disclose more information of what I am really trying to do, as the project for the moment is considered to be very confidential.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Ugo

Back