• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Relaying conflicted transaction

Marian

Hello

I have a question/suggestion for relaying conflicted transaction.

In current Dash version, when a node gets a transaction which is conflicted with other mempool transaction it is logged to a log file and I assume that the node 'forget' about conflicted transaction. In my opinion this is a mistake. Node should mark that transaction as possibly double-spend (and mark the one that is conflicted with as well) and send both conflicted transaction to the rest of the nodes to let them know about the danger. It will make the entire system more safe. Now when I get transaction which will have less luck and will not get into a blockchain, I will find that out when I get a new block. I should get some warning before. Without that it is impossible to use 0conf transaction in Dash.

I understand that a miner can cheat me anyway, but why make it simpler to the cheater? Now it is very easy to send to the network two conflicted transaction to the network, an you never know which one get to he blockchain. And it is very hard to find out that there is conflicted transaction in the network.

I know that there is a instatnSend option, but this suppose to be something additional, and you are unable to send coins with instant send without 5 confirmation - that makes it impossible to use for some kind of activity.

Back