• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Reality Check: Tao Responds To Tone Vays And FluffyPony

I just want to say, although I can be very critical of dash (and other cryptos), I am surprised that two such prominent people are so poorly informed and have such poor analysis. I mean to say, they've had years to build their case against dash and this is the best they can do??

Although I disagree with nearly everything they said, I do think they've made a couple of good points that dash should address:

1. money advertising money - the marketing director of the euro sponsoring a conference

True, a currency should be inherently useful. Calling dash "digital cash" might sound snappy but it undersells and does nothing to convey that dash is more than currency. Dash is (so far) a successful mongrel of public / private venture in Distributed Ledger Technology. Dash is building centralised layers (offices, AML etc) on top of a distributed token. Quite how this will work out remains to be seen, but my point is, dash is as much about services as it is about currency, so in this respect it's okay for dash to sponsor such events / conferences.

2. the dash network is vulnerable to DDoS

Personally, I'm far more concerned about government intervention and legal defence. But yeah, dash should definitely establish mega-bounties to attack the network; let's make the network as robust as possible, let's instil confidence by proving it's strength.

Finally, I would really like to see these two guys do a Hangout with Evan. Let him educate them about the inner workings, I can see that being quite effective / productive for both sides.

Back