• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Real Spanish & Russian Translations for DASH: Detailed

amanda_b_johnson

Hello, masternode owner.

As you may know, the recurring Core proposal "International Outreach/Marketing" was initially extended to provide foreign language subtitle translations to DASH: Detailed, but that will end this month.

Interested parties have indicated that they'd like to see Dash materials available in at least Spanish, Russian, and Chinese. As DASH: Detailed may well currently be Dash's most-viewed media source, we feel we should offer to execute this service. We also believe that if it is to be done, it should be done in a timely manner. Therefore, all translated subtitles executed by DASH: Detailed will be published no later than 48 hours after each video is published. This gives viewers a publishing schedule they can count on.

PRICING

We have received exceptionally competitive price quotes from both a Spanish and Russian translator for 0.1 Dash/video minute of DASH: Detailed videos. [We're still looking for a Mandarin Chinese translator.]

Each month, on average, we publish 88 minutes of video.

Translations Price = 88 minutes x 2 (Spanish + Russian) = 18 Dash (rounded from 17.6 Dash)

The translators have indicated to us that they can to their job quickest if they're provided with a full English .srt file (a specific subtitle file type). The majority of the work generating this file is done by YouTube's "auto generate" already, but it frequently contains errors and misses both punctuation/capitalizations. For this reason, Pete and/or myself must first correct the English .srt files. 88 minutes' worth of .srt files will take roughly 6 hours to correct.

SRT Files Correction Price = 6 hours 2.57 Dash/hour = 15 Dash

All together then, this is:

18 Dash for translated subtitles
15 Dash to generate/correct English .srt files
5 Dash reimbursement of proposal fee

GRAND TOTAL = 38 Dash

We've proposed funding for one month only, as we'd like to 1) see how it goes and, 2) ideally pick up a Mandarin Chinese translator for a more complete package.

In the future, after DASH: Detailed's production proposal has expired and we consider asking the network if it would like to renew the show's contract, we would combine these translation costs with it for sake of ease (provided that the translations are deemed worthy of continuance).

Thanks for your consideration.

Vote YES from wallet:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 8772339f37259a0b818b3de1f1c3aaa04d6747d5202f1c55edcfe100f5f45dfc yes

Vote NO from wallet:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 8772339f37259a0b818b3de1f1c3aaa04d6747d5202f1c55edcfe100f5f45dfc no

Last edited:
Nice to hear that you found translators who will do this job approximately 2 times cheaper than we able to do it now… We do need new talants and volunteers. :)
Could we see examples of Dash's translations from these people?
You see... in our case it isn't only good English/Russian skills needed - but also people have to be competent in Dash technology, terminology, specifics, ... to make translations correct...
Thanks.

Nice to hear that you found translators who will do this job approximately 2 times cheaper than we able to do it now… We do need new talants and volunteers. :)
Could we see examples of Dash's translations from these people?
You see... in our case it isn't only good English/Russian skills needed - but also people have to be competent in Dash technology, terminology, specifics, ... to make translations correct...
Thanks.

yes, I agree with Alex. I can check the spanish language myself if available.

Economic difficulties in Brazil have made MSM news recently...

I would be pleased to see DASH expansion activity directed towards South America, if possible.
Improvements in P2P Xfer could be of great benefit to the general population.

Best
rc

Back