• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

Restoring JIRA currently....

Re. your issue: Please try to reinsert the line

Code:
masternodeprivkey=.....

in your darkcoin.conf - maybe it contains a wrong line ending/invisible character and darkcoind is not able to evaluate the string correctly.

Tried that, but no difference (vi would have shown trailing whitespaces anyway). And it already worked with RC4 with the same darkcoin.conf

Is this suitable for desktop PCs that are not running masternodes?

Is this now open-source? I don't want to be running a closed-source wallet.

Thanks to the Darkcoin Team for all your hard work :grin:
Everything has been open sourced.

OK, just downloaded the RC5 on the darkcoin website.

I have to create a new wallet? But I see my DRK are in my wallet already. What?

OK, just downloaded the RC5 on the darkcoin website.

I have to create a new wallet? But I see my DRK are in my wallet already. What?
If you use the version Stable (0.9.13.15) you don't have to send your coins to a new wallet. But if you use version Release Candidate (0.10.13.15) then you need to create a new wallet and send your coins there.

If you use the version Stable (0.9.13.15) you don't have to send your coins to a new wallet. But if you use version Release Candidate (0.10.13.15) then you need to create a new wallet and send your coins there.

Is there some way I can keep my addresses and private keys from the old wallet? I'm expecting someone to eventually pay me for something to some of them.

Is there some way I can keep my addresses and private keys from the old wallet? I'm expecting someone to eventually pay me for something to some of them.
Hm.. I'm not sure, you need to ask flare. You said you already installed the new wallet, version Release Candidate (0.10.13.15), and didn't send your coins and your wallet is okay?

Hm.. I'm not sure, you need to ask flare. You said you already installed the new wallet, version Release Candidate (0.10.13.15), and didn't send your coins and your wallet is okay?

I installed the RC5 wallet (the one with darksend), saw the warning, but also saw all my coins in the wallet. Then I sent my coins to an exchange. I was hoping to then create a new wallet and import the addresses and privkeys from the old wallet.dat but now I don't see that option.

I installed the RC5 wallet (the one with darksend), saw the warning, but also saw all my coins in the wallet. Then I sent my coins to an exchange. I was hoping to then create a new wallet and import the addresses and privkeys from the old wallet.dat but now I don't see that option.
Ok, you need to send an Inbox message to flare so when he logs on he can help you. I'm not sure what to tell you, and I don't know if there's a guide somewhere for this.

Ok, you need to send an Inbox message to flare so when he logs on he can help you. I'm not sure what to tell you, and I don't know if there's a guide somewhere for this.
I had RC4 wallet.dat running on RC5 darksend wallet, till you don`t press DENOMINATE you`re save, but if you want to anonymise the coins YOU MUST change the wallet to new one. Backup to old version wallet and use the new one.
Don`t know if you can and how importprivkeys reacts on new wallet with old wallet imported.

I had RC4 wallet.dat running on RC5 darksend wallet, till you don`t press DENOMINATE you`re save, but if you want to anonymise the coins YOU MUST change the wallet to new one. Backup to old version wallet and use the new one.
Don`t know if you can and how importprivkeys reacts on new wallet with old wallet imported.
I would be afraid to take the chances because the wallets are not backwards compatible and if not sending your coins to a new RC wallet, it might get corrupted. I think if someone wants to keep their old addresses they should use the Stable version. And when they need to anonymize their coins, just send them to the RC5 wallet and do it there.

Back