• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash Across The World

Dash_Canada

Masternodes & Community,

This proposal is now live here: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-across-world

Description:

Dash Across the World -- Weekly Show Interviewing Businesses and People

Overview:

This is a 3-month pilot proposal to seek out real business owners, both conventional and unconventional, and conduct face-to-face interviews with them regarding the use of DASH and how it could be used. This is where the rubber hits the road, as it were.

This weekly show will be called 'Dash Across The World,' and the length of each show will be one hour. Each episode will include a 10-minute segment called the 'Dash is Cash' challenge. I'll interview random people at random places, and challenge them to install the Dash wallet on their smartphone. Once installed, I'll send them a small amount of Dash to show them how fast and convenient it is. I will also attempt to conduct brief interview questions to gauge knowledge and interest in digital cash, privacy, and possible uses on an individual basis.

Almost 40 million Canadians gear up to legalize marijuana in 2017, and the stage is set for a massive industry to cope with a swell of privacy and banking concerns, as well as long-standing social discrimination of its use. There is no better time than now for Dash to showcase that private purchasing has a real value proposition to all peaceful societies.

Scope:

The scope of this project is not only to communicate the value of Dash to real people in real businesses, but it allows Dash developers and community to follow along and watch first-hand, how average people interact with Dash. Real-world interviews will be an invaluable feedback-loop to help eliminate or lessen the barriers to entry, while promoting Dash in creative and fun ways.

Deliverables:

1. A one-hour show per week for 12 weeks. Tuesdays, delivered to various social media channels like Youtube, and shared on Twitter.

2. Weekly frequent updates on the Dash.org proposal forum.

3. Twelve episodes in total.

• January 10, 17, 24, 31
  • February 7, 14, 21, 28
  • March 7, 14, 21, 28
Schedule:
  • Each week, filming Wednesday to Friday (A+B footage)
  • Each week, Saturday to Monday (Post, editing)
  • Each week, Tuesday (Upload to social media channels)
  • 12 episodes in total
Budget:
  1. Travel: $10 CAD fuel and parking for 3 days/week. (4.58 x 4) = 18.32 DASH
  2. Street Interviews: 8hrs Raw/week x 1.52 DASH = (12.16 x 4) = 48.64 DASH
  3. Setup/Filming Raw: 16hrs/week. 16 x 1.52 DASH = (24.32 x 4) = 97.28 DASH
  4. Editing: 4hrs/week (4 x 4) = 16 DASH
  5. Total = 180 DASH
Note: All audio-video, lighting and editing equipment is owned by me, and provided at no charge.

Closing:

This project brings tangible benefits by taking Dash directly to the streets to find out what people and businesses have to say about how they could use it in their daily lives. This project aligns well with the purpose of the treasury. My specific aim is to increase market capitalization by focusing efforts on under-served and niche markets, businesses, and people.

Kind regards,
Mike Jensen

Twitter.com/Dash_Canada
Twitter.com/windsor_360

Almost 40 million Canadians gear up to legalize marijuana in 2017, and the stage is set for a massive industry to cope with a swell of privacy and banking concerns, as well as long-standing social discrimination of its use. There is no better time than now for Dash to showcase that private purchasing has a real value proposition to all peaceful societies.
sounds interesting .... that's going to be a new huge industry not only in Canada
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...onal-weed-could-be-a-226b-industry-study.html
if i'm not mistaking , Potcoin is going after it to . but does potcoin offer privacy ?
http://www.potcoin.com/2016/12/02/potcoin-update-dec-2nd-2016/
and will the Canadian Government allow to pay for Legal Marijuana in cryptocurrency ?
from what I've heard , this industry in Canada will be very regulated .

Last edited:
Hi Mike.Thanks for proposal!

Could you please publish here links to some of your videos/shows those you already have done (examples). Thanks.

Hi Alex!

From 2002 - 2005 I worked on the set of a production company that made country music films in Alberta, then I moved to Vancouver in 2007 and took acting at the Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts, and from 2008 - 2010 I worked as a non-union background performer on many mainstream television series and movies. I've scanned a few of my pay-stubs from that period. I want to be very clear to all of the Masternodes, that this will be my first shoe-string type of production, but I want to assure them that I know my way around the camera and editing software.

I'm confident that I can put together an informative show. I'm certainly not promising Hollywood production value, but my main aim is to promote Dash to people and businesses in a fun, entertaining way.

If all goes well, here's a sneak-peak at one of the businesses that I'd like to approach for an interview: https://higherlimits.buzz/

For your consideration :)

Mike

Last edited:
sounds interesting .... that's going to be a new huge industry not only in Canada
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...onal-weed-could-be-a-226b-industry-study.html
if i'm not mistaking , Potcoin is going after it to . but does potcoin offer privacy ?
http://www.potcoin.com/2016/12/02/potcoin-update-dec-2nd-2016/
and will the Canadian Government allow to pay for Legal Marijuana in cryptocurrency ?
from what I've heard , this industry in Canada will be very regulated .

I'm sure it's going to be extremely regulated, as are most things that bring in huge tax revenues for the government. Essentially going to be like tobacco or alcohol, in fact, just a couple of days ago, London Drugs (Pharmacy all across Canada) applied for a marijuana distribution license.

It's really difficult to see how this is going to turn out. Our government has said they're taking a "healthcare approach" to marijuana. If I can decipher that double-speak, I'll let you know. hehe

Back