• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Sponsor the Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017

Would you vote for this proposal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aerial Arts

Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017
rzFK12D.jpg

http://serbian-polesport.com/en/home/
https://www.facebook.com/SerbianPoleSportChampionship/

Our proposal

We are proposing for the Dash community to become the Golden sponsor of the Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017 held on the 1st of July in Belgrade, Serbia.

Our competition is endorsed and recognized by the International Pole Sport and Art Federation (IPSAF) and is the National championship for the Republic of Serbia. The Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017 is also a qualifying championship for Serbian and international athletes for the World Pole Sport Championship held in Orlando, USA in December 2017.

We offer Dash as our Golden sponsor the following visibility at our event:

The Dash logo would be displayed on the intro of every pole dance video of competitors made as the first and golden sponsor. Dash would be shown onstage on banners, and would have the most prominent position on all competition videos/banners/etc. Dash would be listed as a Golden sponsor on our competitions official website and social media. Our stage staff that will be visible on the majority of the event video recordings, streams or photos would wear Dash branded shirts. We would arrange for a Dash info booth at the venue so that our visitors can get informed about Dash and its advantages. The booth would be staffed by @Dandy, a Masternode owner and a member of our event team. Dandy introduced us to Dash, its instant transaction and budgeting features, as well as the regular investing by the Dash governing group. This would make Dash the first cryptocurrency ever to sponsor a Pole Dance competition and would give Dash the opportunity to enter into the Pole community.

We are looking for 50 Dash for sponsorship + 5 for the application fee, making a total of 55 Dash in one payment cycle (June, or July depending on the response to our proposal, as we are near the deadline already).

Event background

As you may or may not know, Pole Sport is becoming a major sport, and we are working towards getting the status of an Olympics Sport (ongoing application with the Sport Accord for official sport recognition). We have an international organization named IPSAF – International Pole Sports and Arts Federation. IPSAF was created to unite, regulate, organize, lead and develop the practice and competition of Pole Sports and Art around the world. With sports recognition as its goal, IPSAF supports, represents and defends all affiliated country federations and has standardized competitions. Every country part of the federation can host National Pole Sport championships recognized and standardized by IPSAF and the Code of Points and is a qualifying championship for entering the World Pole Sport Championship.

The Serbian Pole Sport Championship is the only championship in our region endorsed and recognized by IPSAF, and is the qualifying championship for all Serbian and international athletes for entering the World stage and representing their countries. It is at the same time the National Pole Sport Championship of Serbia. This makes our event very important in the region and our sport.

Our championship will be held on the 1st of July in a renowned theater and culture institution in Belgrade – the Vuk Karadzic Culture Institution. We have 40 competitors that have applied in various categories – amateur women, men doubles, professional women, men and doubles, and we have an international category. We have six judges on our panel, and all are internationally certified and very famous in the Pole Sport world as one of them is the President of IPSAF, and 3 of them are previous world champions. We expect a large audience, as always on this type of events, as Pole Sports is gaining extreme popularity in the last few years.

If you would like too see what pole dance is, here is our promo video from 2016 World Pole Dance Championship:

This is a video of one of our judges that will come to the Serbian Pole Sport Championship. She was the World Champion 2013, among other titles:

About me

My name is Nataša Belić, and I am the organizer of the Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017, among other Pole related events. I am also a pole sport studio owner in Belgrade, an award winning international champion, and I have represented Serbia on the World Pole Sport Championship 2016 and placed 27th in the World. I also work in the IPSAF federation, as I am the vice president of the ethics committee of IPSAF and an international judge. I am very well connected with the entire Pole Sport community, and I travel at least 2x per month to judge during the competition season.

By profession I am also a theoretical physicist and I have worked at the Rectorate of the University of Belgrade as a project manager for EU funded projects.

Visibility

The Dash logo would be visible on every video of the competition, promo videos, and videos of the competitors. The Dash logo would be put first, before all our other sponsors, as it would be given the status of our Golden Sponsor. These videos go up on our YouTube channel, as well as the channel of the IPSAF - International Pole Sport and Art Federation, so they would have international visibility. Competition images, promotion videos and images as well as contestant videos will also be shared on our social media network which has a large audience and will be shared by other partners and affiliate accounts as well. The Dash logo will also be visible in the form of a banner on the main event stage in a prominent location. Also, as the poles need to be cleaned before each competitor gets on stage, our stage staff would wear shirts with the Dash logo. We would arrange for a Dash info booth at the venue so that our visitors can get informed about Dash and its advantages. The booth would be staffed by @Dandy, a Masternode owner and a member of our event team. Potentially a part of the provided funding could also be used for handing out paper wallets to the visitors of the event. Dash will most likely be the only sponsor with an information booth.

Why sponsor a pole event?

I think this competition would be a good opportunity for Dash to enter an entirely new niche. All Pole Sport events are linked in a way as all key organizers in the pole world are working together, so by sponsoring this event Dash would be entering the Pole Sports competition scene.

The Pole Sport community is a culturally powerful network of first adopters, as we are open minded and don’t care about stigmas in society and preconceptions people usually have. We are used to new ideas and checking them out by ourselves and not listening to the common opinion. Our community is open to all kinds of new and creative ideas and adaptation of technology is commonplace.

Also, as our sport is young, the collective is still very positive and sharing, so ideas spread fast in our community. Our sport is multicultural, and we usually travel a lot around the world on events, workshops, showcases and so on, so there is a big problem with different currencies and exchange rates. Dash would be a breakthrough in the Pole community as it would solve the primitive ways we are now paying for applications fees for competitions for example, or pay our cotisations on workshops in advance. It would also be a great option for the IPSAF federation to use, as our judges travel all over the world on competitions. Dash could easily become the new currency in our community if it enters it the right way.

Why Belgrade?

Belgrade is the capital city of Serbia, and is also one of the biggest cities on the Balkan peninsula. We have a population of about 2 million people. Our currency (serbian dinar, roughly 124 din =‎ ‎€1) is oscillating way too fast and is unstable, so a majority of the population has their savings converted to euros or other currencies. Young people here are mostly programmers, who work in outsourcing or freelance. They are crippled by bureaucracy and various fees for receiving payment from abroad, and switching to a stable digital currency would make receiving payment much simpler. Raising awareness of Dash as digital currency and a viable alternative in such an environment can be very fruitful for the Dash community.

Project expenses

Estimated at €12000 for the following:

• venue rental

• light and audio staff

• security

• truss system for securing the competition poles, rental, installation and dismantling, staff

• competition poles, transportation, installation, staff

• buying adequate dancing floor for the podium

• printing and making of banners, the curtain on stage with the logo and sponsors

• judges accommodation, transportation, living expenses, fees

• competition staff and organization

• professional film maker documenting the competition

• professional photos

• marketing manager, designer, web administrator, social networks manager

• internet advertising campaign

• brochures, posters, printing material

• Dash info booth

• Dash conversion fees

• Dash proposal fee
With local sponsors and sponsors from the pole sport world, we already have a financial basis for our competition. From the above we can see that the requested Dash funding would be covering about 40% of our expenses.

Thank you for taking the time to go through our pre-proposal. We are looking forward to your feedback :)

Last edited:
As was mentioned in the pre-proposal, I would be at this event, giving people information about Dash and helping them install a Dash wallet for the first time.

I'm luke warm about this proposal. Can I ask you to break down the price, I just want to see you've thought this through. Also, to be clear, are there dash prizes for winners and runners-up? Also, rather concerning, the video you posted has 53k views yet only 12 comments.

I'm luke warm about this proposal. Can I ask you to break down the price, I just want to see you've thought this through. Also, to be clear, are there dash prizes for winners and runners-up? Also, rather concerning, the video you posted has 53k views yet only 12 comments.

Hello!

I am sorry I haven't answered sooner, I was with my team at an international competition.

So, about the price, I guess you would like me to explain our expenses a little bit better. I will tell you everything I know for now, as some of the expenses will be defined nearer to or after the event of course, but this is my estimate:
- 2500e venue - rental
- 1500e trussing system - rental
- 1000e dance pavement - rental
- 1500e competition poles
- 1200e avio transfer for 6 judges
- 1800e living expenses for judges 30.6-2.7.2017 (accommodation, transportation, fees, dining)
- 500e professional photographer, video maker and making of the promo video of the event, and videos of all competitors
- 500e all printed materials, banners and posters
- 1000e all staff
- 500e marketing campaigns
- 500e various

About the rewards in Dash, we would love to do that and it is an excellent idea! That would probably raise the proposed amount asked, as for now we were counting the sponsorship of Dash for the promotional materials, and the info booth, on which we wanted to help interested people to make Dash wallets on spot with a small amount of Dash. If we would also give awards to winners, we would need to raise the proposed amount asked by this amount we give.

About the video, the original post has been immediately shared by many people, and then re-shared again by the pole community (for example I have shared it and then at least 15 of my students shared my post) so I don't think a lack of comments on the Federation's post itself is indicative in any way. You can feel free to take a look around the Facebook page of the IPSAF federation, as well as our competition and studio pages to get a feel of our community.

Hello!

I am sorry I haven't answered sooner, I was with my team at an international competition.

So, about the price, I guess you would like me to explain our expenses a little bit better. I will tell you everything I know for now, as some of the expenses will be defined nearer to or after the event of course, but this is my estimate:
- 2500e venue - rental
- 1500e trussing system - rental
- 1000e dance pavement - rental
- 1500e competition poles
- 1200e avio transfer for 6 judges
- 1800e living expenses for judges 30.6-2.7.2017 (accommodation, transportation, fees, dining)
- 500e professional photographer, video maker and making of the promo video of the event, and videos of all competitors
- 500e all printed materials, banners and posters
- 1000e all staff
- 500e marketing campaigns
- 500e various

About the rewards in Dash, we would love to do that and it is an excellent idea! That would probably raise the proposed amount asked, as for now we were counting the sponsorship of Dash for the promotional materials, and the info booth, on which we wanted to help interested people to make Dash wallets on spot with a small amount of Dash. If we would also give awards to winners, we would need to raise the proposed amount asked by this amount we give.

About the video, the original post has been immediately shared by many people, and then re-shared again by the pole community (for example I have shared it and then at least 15 of my students shared my post) so I don't think a lack of comments on the Federation's post itself is indicative in any way. You can feel free to take a look around the Facebook page of the IPSAF federation, as well as our competition and studio pages to get a feel of our community.

Thank you, it was a good response.

I think I could possibly vote yes for this and I would certainly accept a larger amount if the winner and runner up were presented with a dash prize on stage. However, I would like to see a bit more of a push on the social media front, and I hope the audience is very much encouraged to install a mobile wallet.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, I don't know what others think.

Let me jump in again because I'm involved in this (if the proposal goes through).

We will certainly make sure to incentivize as many people as possible to install the mobile wallet and go through the send/receive process.
I will make some informational posters explaining the process (I'll also always be on hand to help if needed) and the basic idea is to provide people with a thing that they can buy on the spot with the Dash that we give them. Something small and not linked to any other brand, like home baked cookies or something similar.
This is still in the planning phase, so we're open to suggestions of course.

We found a nice lady that has a small business and makes cupcakes with branding that you want.
So we had her make a test batch of Dash cupcakes. I think they turned out quite nicely :)

Dashcake01.jpg

Dashcake02.jpg

The idea is to have these cupcakes at the event, so people can buy them with Dash. The price would be the same as the small amount of Dash that we give them after they install a Dash mobile wallet.

Back