• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: DASH_CITADEL_WEN?

vazaki3

DASH_CITADEL_WEN?

I think the first Dash citadel should reside in San_Marino . The first Dash island could also be Lampedusa. Its name derives from λαμπάς (lampás), which means 'torch', because of the lights which were placed on the island for sailors. Many migrants arrive on the island of Lampedusa. Lets give to all Lambedusa residents (6556 persons) a basic income, in dash. They have so much pressure to host so many migrants, so they deserve some help. Instead of voting in favor of DCG-SUPPLEMENTAL-DEC22 , lets vote for the BASIC_INCOME-LAMBEDUSA-SUPPLEMENTAL. 722 DASH (35552 USD), which means a basic income of 6 USD/month per Lambedusa resident. San Marino is a more expensive solution, 33000 residents live, but no migrants there. San Marino's advantage is that it is an independant state (while Lambedusa isnt) so Dash community can come to an agreement with the government, the gov could give the real names of the San Marino residents and thus safely Dash community could give them their dash basic income. Of course Dash could also adopt other independant states that have less GPD than San Marino. For example Tuvalu island has GPD as of 63 million USD . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal) . While Dash's marketcap is 550 million USD. Dash economy is 9 times stronger than Tuvalu's economy, so Dash could adopt Tuvalu island, give a basic income to all Tuvalu residents and thus turn Tuvalu into a Dash island.

In case the people of this forum vote in favor of this preproposal, I will add a governance question about it to the budget asking:

DASH_CITADEL_WEN?

And if this first governance proposal passes, other governance proposals could emerge proposing specific places, more details about the places and how Dash could invade and conquer the economy of these places and become the ONLY crypto allowed there.

Last edited:
I think Crypto citadels are contingent on price, if we can get the price back over $1000, I am sure a Dash citadel will be founded.

I think Crypto citadels are contingent on price, if we can get the price back over $1000, I am sure a Dash citadel will be founded.
I pray Dash to reach $1000, so that I will be able to spend the 6.59752 dash I own and buy a small electric car.

2000_corbin-motors_sparrow_dsc_3810-1-50097.jpg

So, I think this is possible but...

• The choice of location will be heavily challenged which will ultimately lead to project failure (divided and conquered). So we should debate the location(s) and provide solid evidence to justify the final choice.

• I think your idea of a small but achievable and sustainable location is good.

• Establish ground rules to minimize certain conditions e.g. "Bitcoin Island" - Boracay in the Philippines - is marketed by a company that requires KYC to use their Lightning nodes!

• Establish a roadmap with a fixed date of expiry. We should aim to create a self-sustaining system within a realistic timeframe. I suggest a 10 - 20 year window.

• I don't think a year-round effort is achievable on day one. Maybe we can start with two weeks a year, say through a festival event and then grow it over the years.

• Accessibility / travel visa issues to consider. Croatia (featured in the vid) is now part of the Schengen area, is that a postive or a negative? First we need tourists and ultimately people willing to adopt the location with a second passport.

• We should still continue to support the LatAm markets.

* Probably not what you wanted to hear

Back