Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

(Pre-Proposal) Dash removed from mobile wallet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CWard, Oct 20, 2017.

?

Do you use a mobile Dash wallet?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CWard

CWard New Member

XO Wallet Dash Removale

My team has approached me about not supporting Dash to keep it out of our android bitcoin wallet. It will cost our team $0 to do this. Mobile Wallet is currently available for download to android devices in the Google play store. This will decrease the Dash ecosystem by making less wallets available to less people worldwide. We don't care for your consideration and we loath your feedback.

What we are going to do:
    Remove Dash support from Mobile Wallet android app.

How are we going t do it:
    We are a team of coders and blockchain experts able to make it happen if that is the consensus of the Dash community.

->Less Dash users.
    ->More languages than any other Dash android wallet available
    ->Shrink the Dash ecosystem

Costs:
    No Dash

Results:
    Less Dash users in less countries. Shrink Dash user base world wide.

Mobile Wallet Team
    This is a joke. It seems you have to spell that out for people.

#1 CWard, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Nuancer

Nuancer Member

If I am looking at your current wallet on Google Play called XoWallet it only has 3 reviews and only 5-10 installs... I don't think this will be a good return on investment for the Dash network at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coqui33

Coqui33 Member

I installed it. Right off, it asked for personal info. Apparently it is just a GUI to a website. Very sketchy.

4. CWard

CWard New Member

Nuancer,

We were told the Dash community was looking for this kind of shrinkage. feedback is loathed

#4 CWard, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  5. CWard

CWard New Member

Coqui33,
    It ask you for an email address to send your set up conformation and for you to choose a password to set up. Very sketchy you got signed up to this site without doing the same

#5 CWard, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Leonidas

Leonidas Active Member

After some experience here, usually the Masternode network is looking for expansion and ROI (a proposal can still pass if it does not have both but it has to be pretty good). Here we can't really talk of expansion if there is 5-10 downloads. I understand that you are just beginning but what can tell us that you will go beyond a few hundred downloads ?

On the ROI side... as of now, your proposal would cost the Dash network 450 dollars "per download" of your application... I get that you will get more users but the community does not know you so you give use very little to chew on...

7. CWard

CWard New Member

your feedback is loathed

#7 CWard, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Leonidas

Leonidas Active Member

I guess you edited your message because the notification I received in my mailbox was "If we do not receive any support from the Dash community we will add Ether, Litecoin, Bengali, Spanish and continue with our mission to expand Cryptocurrencies to the world".

I understand that our comment might come harsh but you should not feel rejected, you should just maybe try to understand how our network and community works. Trust is very important here. I invite you to read that post maybe to understand more about how the community works :https://www.dashforcenews.com/evaluate-dash-budget-proposals/.

If you are a worthy company with a worthy project be sure that Dash network will be happy to fund you.

But for the moment, as far as I'm concerned, that's really hard to tell. Besides, it looks like money was maybe the only motivation for adding a Dash. Dash is a very ambitious project and for that we need real believers. Stick around, read about Dash, get involved and, in a few months, when you are known to the community and your project has grown, start another discussion, you will be surprised to see very different reactions !

• Like Like x 2
  9. CWard

CWard New Member

feedback is loathsome

#9 CWard, Oct 21, 2017
  10. CWard

CWard New Member

Don't feed the Trolls.

#10 CWard, Oct 21, 2017
  11. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

That's ridiculous. Let's get this straight; in your opinion, dash is small, not as big or worthy as bitcoin, litecoin, bitcoin cash and ripple (for free)... yet your own project is super tiny and that's okay? Try taking your own medicine sometime.

12. GrandMasterDash

How about your tiny wallet, you're not big enough yet and without your assistance we will be forced to continue with wallets that have more downloads? How does it feel now, buddy?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Leonidas

Leonidas Active Member

@Blake can you confirm that ?

And you come off ignorant of what it takes to build the 6th coin in the industry !

I tried to be nice, try to make you understand how we worked as community, gave you some links and indication but you don't really seem to care.

The more you reply and the more I feel that you are definitely not the right person for the community : if you think that to be successful only the product matter you will really have trouble in the real world. I hate to break it to you but there are thousands of guys just like you working on starting projects. Why should it be you to be funded ? Why not another one ? Many projects don't have viewers/download yet but they still come out with a business plan to show how they'd get them. You don't even explain would make your product, company, you stand out from other starting projects.

You burst in our community like bursting in a new country without knowing you should take you shoes off before stepping into the house (don't do like our former French president's wife who went to an official visit in China dressed in white, colour of mourning there) and then ask for money because someone told you a bunch of guys gave money there.... didn't you think it was too good to be true ? Didn't you think that the guys giving you money might want something in return ??

• Like Like x 1
  14. CWard

CWard New Member

What a bunch of trolls. Hiding behind fake names and cartoon pics. We noticed no one reference anything they have built to expand your ecosysytem.

• Trolling Trolling x 1
  15. CWard

CWard New Member

What a bunch of trolls. Hiding behind fake names and cartoon pics. We noticed no one reference anything they have built to expand your ecosysytem.

• Trolling Trolling x 1
  16. CWard

CWard New Member

• Trolling Trolling x 1
  17. CWard

CWard New Member

It feels laughable that you would even waste they time to type that. You have shown your youth and ignorance not understand it was your chance to change the narrative. Please name these wallets that are adding dash?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Leonidas

Leonidas Active Member

It's funny how a not serious guy like you can be made thanks to a few posts :D. Any serious project would have tried to find sound arguments to show how your project is worthwile for the community. But that seems impossible for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Leonidas

Leonidas Active Member

Oh, I just saw that you edited your first post too... actually I like it. Now, at least, it's funny :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. CWard

CWard New Member

Trolls under the bridge cant build anything. your feedback is loathed

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  21. GrandMasterDash

You might of heard of a wallet called Jaxx? And we also have someone here doing stellar work with the Dash Masternode Tool (supporting hardware wallets).

But the important thing to note, the only joke in town is you. We have a monthly budget of $2M and thankfully you won't be getting a dime of it for being so immature and cocky. Now go away and hide under that tiny rock of yours.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blake

Blake Member

Hey Chad and me live in the same city and he came to a DASH meetup and is a really nice guy. I see what happened in the comments section it's just a misunderstanding-he's probably proud of the cool wallet he has put together and may have expected more positive feedback. He had told me about the wallet and I said if I were him I would post in the pre-proposal section and see what people say about your idea. He is a really good guy in life-you guys would like him. I hate to see this happen but it's all good! Just a misunderstanding.

He made our newspaper The Daily Sentinel in Nacogdoches, Tx for setting up atms around town so I had approached him about DASH and had told him about the TREASURY and how many cool ideas come out of it.

Everybody remain calm and be friends! It's just a pre-proposal...maybe a new idea could come up.... I think Chad is proud of his wallet and I know you guys are proud of DASH. Everyone should feel pride in accomplishing things.

Were all doing good.

23. TroyDASH

TroyDASH Well-known Member

Maybe he is a nice guy but I wouldn't want to have a business relationship with someone who reacts this way. I can understand about feeling strongly about it, but that is not how you respond as a CEO when you don't get the reception you expected after asking people for their business. I wish him the best of luck though-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

I gather the initial conversation looked very different from what it looks like now. Could someone give me a two sentence summary of why Chad decided to go nuclear against Dash?? That seems unwise to me...

thanks!

#24 solarguy, Oct 21, 2017
  25. CWard

CWard New Member

It was an offer that was treated like a joke and has become one in response. Blake you are a great guy, we know you were just trying to help. We used to dealing with investors, not trolls that hide behind fake names and pics.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  26. CWard

CWard New Member

Yes I personally know the developer and I know for a fact it is not you. Once again what have you done to expand Dash other than bash proposals?

27. TroyDASH

You asked him to name a wallet that has added Dash, and he answered. The purpose of a pre-proposal topic is to talk about what *you*, the proposal owner, are bringing to the table, not about what anyone responding to you has done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

I'm sorry you did not get a warm reception right off the bat. But, on any open forum, there is always a huge diversity of people in that forum.

Would you judge a whole community on one or two responses on an open forum?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. TroyDASH

@CWard in the future, you might want to wait to get feedback from more than 4 people, two of whom are new members with only 5 posts, and only one of whom is a confirmed masternode operator, before you self-immolate in protest.
    If you think you are getting trolled by someone then just respond in a calm and professional manner and answer. That is how to project confidence in your project and assure onlookers that you have a level head. Check Coinfirm's responses in this pre-proposal thread for a good example of a better way to handle criticism in a productive way https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-coinfirm-trudatum.17200/

• Like Like x 3
  30. CWard

CWard New Member

@TroyDASH in the future maybe only Masternode owners should post and the discussions would probably be more productive. Until then, just remember to remain calm when someone is trolling you and you will be okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.