• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Add Dash to the SullyNode platform

Would you vote for this?

• I would vote yes for this

• I would vote no for this

• I would not cast a vote for this

Results are only viewable after voting.

CLSullivan

Greetings Dash, allow me to introduce SullyNode.

SullyNode is a shared (pooled) masternode service. Since late 2021, our team has been building SullyNode from the ground up. I started the project as the sole programmer, and we have since expanded to a team of two. Our services started with providing pooled nodes to the cryptocurrency Raptoreum.

Thanks to my extensive Linux experience, we host all of our nodes in-house. The nodes run on my own custom infrastructure and software that is constantly being improved, tested, and debugged. Since each node is hosted on our own servers, any potential relial on third-party node hosting services is eliminated.

We currently host 78 Raptoreum nodes, 46 of which are custodial shared nodes. At CoinGecko's price of $0.00186 per coin, this sums up to approximately $154k of user collateral held in cold storage.

Moreover, due to the similarities between Raptoreum and Dash, our expertise will be easily transferable to the Dash platform.

I have always dreamed of expanding to the Dash platform, however, we lack the server capacity.

We have the coders, we have the IP addresses, and we have the specialized experience. Unfortunately, we are nearing server capacity and do not have the funds to expand.

Additionally, time has become a novelty when it comes to development. I am a college student, and I am in-between part-time jobs in an effort to keep our servers running. This leaves me with very little time to work on SullyNode's code.

Upon expansion, since we will have enough funds to pay for the server bills, the time normally spent at my part-time job will instead be spent improving the security and accessibility of our platform. I'm excited to continue working on a special form of decentralized shared nodes, and this can only be done with lots of time, energy and coffee.

I am planning on opening a Dash proposal, requesting a total of 150 Dash over two months.
Through this proposal, we will use the funds to purchase a new server, improve the website, expand our development team, and enhance backend capabilities.

Deliverables:

No later than two weeks after first payment:

- Dash added to the Sullynode.com platform
- Unique deposit address for every user
- Mine directly to account, and send directly from exchange
- No minimum deposit
- 12% fees
- Discord bot
- Advertisement of Dash on our Discord server

No later than two weeks after second payment:

- Multiple payout addresses
- Scheduled payments
- Scheduled withdraws
- Proportional voting for governance proposals
- Continual development of the platform

Edit:
Please do not hesitate to contact me by email at [email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks for talking to a few of us last night on the afterparty call (after Friday podcasts). I'm glad you chose the pre-proposal route first to get gauge sentiment/thoughts as you got varying feedback from some folks.

Hey @CLSullivan ,
Welcome on the forum and thanks for the post. It is great that you are building new services.
i admire your enthusiasm and appreciate honest and open description.
I will also offer my honest feedback in return.
I voted “No” in this pool for the following reason:

Additionally, time has become a novelty when it comes to development. I am a college student, and I am in-between part-time jobs in an effort to keep our servers running. This leaves me with very little time to work on SullyNode's code.

This means you have a lot going on in your life and you are having a lot of different priorities (probably many of them not mentioned here).
You are attempting to build a serious financial software, having very little resources, very little team and very little time. This is not a great foundation for building business and financial solutions in my opinion. I would not trust financial solution with so many risk factors.

Instead of asking for funds now, I would advise you to focus on getting more stability, finishing studies and in the meantime working with the Dash Incubator to learn more about Dash (and potentially earn some money there). You could get some recognition , build trust and learn a lot . After that it would be easier for you to successfully ask for funds.
Good luck!

Back