• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Possible bug on Darkcoin-QT 0.10.11.6 Mac OSx?

yidakee

Foundation Member
Hi guys.

Helping set up a node on a Mac, local/remote. I tested this myself without issues on my laptop, but in his case, no matter what, darkcoin-qt will not accept the darkcoin.conf file.

Yes, I did make quadruple sure there were no hidden extensions, no spaces between arguments... like I said I tested the conf file on my side without issues.

Without the conf file, darkcoin-qt fires ups without issues. With the config, it crashes.Here is the crash log.

http://pastebin.com/QuY2HL0G

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys.

Helping set up a node on a Mac, local/remote. I tested this myself without issues on my laptop, but in his case, no matter what, darkcoin-qt will not accept the darkcoin.conf file.

Yes, I did make quadruple sure there were no hidden extensions, no spaces between arguments... like I said I tested the conf file on my side without issues.

Without the conf file, darkcoin-qt fire ups without issues. With the config, it crashes.Here is the crash log.

http://pastebin.com/QuY2HL0G

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

Code:
[...]
9   org.darkcoin.DarkCoin-Qt            0x000000010057af5c void boost::throw_exception<boost::program_options::invalid_config_file_syntax>(boost::program_options::invalid_config_file_syntax const&) + 156
[...]
May i ask you to upload the conf file? How did you copy the file to the Mac? Maybe its a problem with different line endings in different OS (CRLF vs CR).

Try to create the file from scratch using Mac Texteditor (do not copy the file from another machine)

Yes, we did try, and I had noticed that sending files between OS's screwed them up.
Dozens of times we tried to do it on his side, by him manually, triple sure no hidden appended extensions or anything
I'll upload and append here.

Code:
[...]
9   org.darkcoin.DarkCoin-Qt            0x000000010057af5c void boost::throw_exception<boost::program_options::invalid_config_file_syntax>(boost::program_options::invalid_config_file_syntax const&) + 156
[...]
May i ask you to upload the conf file? How did you copy the file to the Mac? Maybe its a problem with different line endings in different OS (CRLF vs CR).

Try to create the file from scratch using Mac Texteditor (do not copy the file from another machine)

Cant seen to be able to upload, but yeah, same old tried and true, done this a few times.
I've installed a VMWare ubuntu and all is fine, as a workaround

Cant seen to be able to upload, but yeah, same old tried and true, done this a few times.
I've installed a VMWare ubuntu and all is fine, as a workaround

Fine - nevertheless i would like to keep a eye on this :smile:
Try to use a minimal .conf file like

Code:
# just a comment

This does nothing to the configuration, but verifies if the config-file loader does at least work :)

If it works, try adding line by line until the error is triggered again...

Code:
# just a comment
listen=1

Yup. Tried that too, except with an addnode. Have not tried with only a comment though. Will give it a shot later

What was weird was that at one point, out of despair almost lool, I had a conf with about 5 nodes work! So I then just added the rest, QT crashed.
Tried removing the arguments back to only those nodes... Crash.

Obviously, any config changes were made with QT shut-off, but that really only applies to rpcuser & pass. In any case, standard procedure.
He's happy now, with Ubuntu (obviously) set up and ready to manage the nodes, and Mac wallet 10.11.6 perfectly fine, without the darkcoin.conf in the data folder.

Whatever else we could try, happy to

Back