• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

POSe now at LEVEL 6 - but all looks ok???

M

MangledBlue

HELP !!!!

lol

no seriously - Need a bit of tech help

I now have a LEVEL 6 POS - ugh
Everything seems to be ok but - what could it be?
PORT is open
dashd running
MN running
but not healthy?

anybody?

edit
POSe = 8 now

sudo reboot
completed

edit2
"xx.xx.xx.xx:9999" : "POS_ERROR",

Last edited:
Issue resolved

Corrupted microSD Card [most likely] -
.img file replaced.......

All is good

....chalk-it-up

Mine is running from november last year till now. Still going strong. Dont forget to disable swap when done compiling.

If I/O is too high, an external HD is an option? Can we point a DASHD masternode to an other workingdir like we can with the QT?

I actually don't have SWAP on my 32GB card since Raspian resizes the card to use all 32GB-ish

I have been inserting SD cards in and out of the Pi so many times, writing these guides - lol - doesn't surprise me that the card might have been corrupted
Gonna try MATE again later today, since it crashed the other night - ugh
I think I like Raspian more since it is more basic but MATE if you plan on "doing more" with the Pi

flare - how could I go about running a PRG or CMD to see a I/O rate reading of the SD card?? Is that possible?
I'm not sure about fuzzyduck but - I use only class10 microSD cards - so as you know, these do have a high rate of I/O

Interesting question in general: How much I/O does dashd cause on the microSD card :)
Yes, was thinking along the same lines for updating a synced wallet on an SD card.
Perhaps only 100,000 writes, a stress could be done,
Saw this,
http://forum.embeddedarm.com/showthread.php?3-SD-card-endurance-test/page2

'In some ways a slow processor helps SD cards last longer because it can't write data as quickly and Linux has to rely more on the RAM buffer-cache.'
'Sandisk has a new offering to add to their various "MicroSD" flavors, a "High Endurance Video Monitoring MicroSDHC, MicroSDHX" (SDSDQQ-032G and SDSDQQ-064G) marketed for recording HD video loops in dash cams, etc.'

I always give the advice to make an IMG of the SDcard so you can easily write a working masternode back to it or another card.

I still got to make an image of my own card! ahahahaha

Back