• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New Update-Unsure What To Do

seafarer124

Just seen need to update the QT wallet.

Have not used the wallet before today, unsure exactly what to do.

Thanks for any help.

If you have done wallet backup, just close the client and update qt wallet.
Start and check everything is ok.

Yes, I have a backup.

When you say update, do you mean download from the link again?

Thanks
Yes, download from the link, go to your datafolder (generally the same location as where your wallet.dat file resides) and delete peers.dat. Then replace the exe/binary with the newly downloaded client and run. BTW, if your wallet.dat file isn't 61000 (use getinfo in the console to find out). Launch the client with the -upgradewallet argument (either from command line, batch file, or appended to shortcut).

There is a very real possibility that you should rebuild the blockchain with forks that happened today. In which case you would use the -reindex argument at launch.

Yes, download from the link, go to your datafolder (generally the same location as where your wallet.dat file resides) and delete peers.dat. Then replace the exe/binary with the newly downloaded client and run. BTW, if your wallet.dat file isn't 61000 (use getinfo in the console to find out). Launch the client with the -upgradewallet argument (either from command line, batch file, or appended to shortcut).

There is a very real possibility that you should rebuild the blockchain with forks that happened today. In which case you would use the -reindex argument at launch.
Thank you all for the assistance.

It all seemed to update OK, coins are still there.

Console says "Version 110125" and "Wallet Version 61000"

The "peers.dat" says "Date Modified 14 Feb 15".

I am no genius when it comes to this stuff, I just love crypto currency etc.

The hard part for me is, I live in Thailand, can be difficult getting assistance, in English.

Sure looks like your update went fine. If you're tied out with the block explorers in terms of height, you're good to go. :)

Back