• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Multiple wallets on one PC

DashICV

Hi,

If I want to have multiple wallets on one PC I know you can use the -datadir= command line option.
Could I also instead use the -wallet= option? It would save space if I would not have to copy the blocks and chainstate folders :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Hi,

If I want to have multiple wallets on one PC I know you can use the -datadir= command line option.
Could I also instead use the -wallet= option? It would save space if I would not have to copy the blocks and chainstate folders :rolleyes:

Thanks.
I have not actually done this, but that is what that option is intended for. Someone describes doing this with Bitcoin Core here.

Thanks, I was not so sure because it creates several files and also the database folder. I can first try it out with a few very small wallets.

Backup then just rename your wallets and use -wallet= option.

EDIT: Close wallet program first, and only one wallet can be run at time, not two or three.

Thanks AjM, yes noticed that ;)
When trying to run at the same time it says "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory . . . probably already running."

Would be nice if the blocks and chainstate could be shared folders.

Back