• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MN Losing connection in 90min

dutchn0mad

Foundation Member
Hi,

I'm running masternodes using start-many in a cold/hot wallet setup. Am able to start the masternodes and they show up on ./dashd masternodelist, dashninja and dashnodes.

What happens is that every 90 minutes the masternodes seem to lose connection, they are not in the masternodelist anymore, not on the two website either. The ./dashd is still running however and receiving new blocks.

Issueing a masternode start-many from the cold wallet sometimes seems to restart everything when the nodes are still in "EXPIRING",

I've already done a couple of changes, remove .lock and peers.dat, restart and -reindex. Still not working.

My remote config:

rpcuser=mn01
rpcpassword=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
masternode=0
maxconnections=256

My local config:

rpcuser=local01
rpcpassword=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=0
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1

The local wallet has a masternode.conf with a line for each masternode, the remote has a masternode.conf with only a line for himself.

Am running Ubuntu 14.04 and the latest dash wallet (27)

Anyone have an idea what could me wrong?

A couple issues I see... the remote node's config is setup wrong. It's not set to masternode=1. Further, the remote node doesn't get a masternode.conf file. The masternode privkey setting goes in the remote dash.conf file structured like this:

Code:
rpcuser=enter-new-LONG-RANDOM-STRING-fisjfijyou_should_change_this
rpcpassword=enter-new-LONGER-RANDOM-STRING-fissjfijyou_should_change_this
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
addnode=23.23.186.131

It would appear that your masternode.conf file is setup right if you are able to get successful starts from the start-many command. Sure your issue lies with how your remote is setup.

I've changed the dash.conf on the remotes, and started the masternodes from the cold wallet. I further installed the dependancies for the wallet that I didn't install yet ( libboost-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev). The result:

2015-04-03 18:04:25 CActiveMasternode::EnableHotColdMasterNode() - Enabled! You may shut down the cold daemon.

The masternodes show up in the masternodelist, dashninja and dashnodes. However I do get an error, at least I think it is an error:

CDarksendPool::UpdateState() - Can't set state to ERROR or SUCCESS as a Masternode.

I will wait for at least 90 minutes to see if the nodes fall of the list again. Fingers crossed.

I've changed the dash.conf on the remotes, and started the masternodes from the cold wallet. I further installed the dependancies for the wallet that I didn't install yet ( libboost-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev). The result:

2015-04-03 18:04:25 CActiveMasternode::EnableHotColdMasterNode() - Enabled! You may shut down the cold daemon.

The masternodes show up in the masternodelist, dashninja and dashnodes. However I do get an error, at least I think it is an error:

CDarksendPool::UpdateState() - Can't set state to ERROR or SUCCESS as a Masternode.

I will wait for at least 90 minutes to see if the nodes fall of the list again. Fingers crossed.
That shouldn't be something that concerns you (for DS mixing).

I can't speak for the winner list being ahead, but payments on average will take roughly the masternode count divided by 576 (target blocks per day). At the moment, I am seeing 2098 masternodes so expect payment (assuming enforcement is on and your node is active the whole time [you do have about a 60-90 minute window before a node will drop off]) every 3.64 days.

Back