• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Miner Configuration

hootis

Hi have just started mining, and it seems that there is a lot of old data on hashing speeds. I am currently a HD 7950 getting 3.2 Mh/s. I am on windows, and I am also Using sgminer 5.0 running the darkcoin-mod kernel with thread concurrency 24500. I also have a 290 getting 5mh/s with thread concurrency 24500. Is this good? I have seen numbers all over the place and have no idea.

your definition of "good" all depends upon how much power you are using with that hashrate. there are myriad options to tune & fine tune your hashrate with GPU's but having a look at the documentation and forums for sgminer would be a good place to start. in the new version you can even change the intensity on the fly. try incrementally increasing the intensity or xintensity as well as the powertune to see if you get any more gains. someone more experienced will chime in in time

hootis, see post #914 https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-x11-x11-darkcoin-etc-miner-based-on-sph-sgminer.318859/page-46

he is getting 2.96mh/s per card x3 so it appears you are getting an average hashrate.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison/raw_data

this is based upon scrypt/LTC but cgminer is in the same family and options are same or similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, Thanks. I don't have any limits on power consumption because I'm getting it for free. Just trying to overclock as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
in that case you can increase the clock speed and also increase one of the intensity or powertune settings this will usually give noticeable increase in hashrate. just ensure everything is getting enough air. as for fine tuning someone else will surely help you.

Power tune is at 20% and my clocks are at 1085mhz now getting 3.3. But I think I've hit the limit. Is it safe to have the intensity above 1000? I haven't seen anyone with it higher.

Back