• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode owner,you can have VPN freely.

dashren

Now running the code below on your DASH MASTERNODE Server,you can have VPN freely.

Code (Text):
#!/bin/bash
if [ $(id -u) != "0" ]; then
printf "Be root to run this tool!\n"
exit 1
fi
clear
vpsip=`ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk 'NR==1 { print $1}'`
apt-get update
apt-get --purge remove pptpd ppp
rm -rf /etc/pptpd.conf
rm -rf /etc/ppp
apt-get install -y ppp
apt-get install -y pptpd
apt-get install -y iptables logrotate tar cpio perl
rm -r /dev/ppp
mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo "mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0" >> /etc/rc.local
echo "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" >> /etc/rc.local
echo "localip 172.16.36.1" >> /etc/pptpd.conf
echo "remoteip 172.16.36.2-254" >> /etc/pptpd.conf
echo "ms-dns 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/ppp/options
echo "ms-dns 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/ppp/options
echo "vpn pptpd 123456 *" >> /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 172.16.36.0/24 -j SNAT --to-source `ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v
'127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk 'NR==1 { print $1}'`
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -s 172.16.36.0/24 -j TCPMSS --set-mss 1356
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 172.16.36.0/24 -j SNAT --to-source "$vpsip"
iptables-save > /etc/iptables-rules
echo "pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/iptables-rules" >> /etc/network/interfaces
/etc/init.d/pptpd restart
printf "
####################################################
# #
# Shell-Based tool of pptp installation #

####################################################
ServerIP:$vpsip
username:vpn
password:123456
"

This program help you own VPN freely.(Ubuntu,64bits).

Masernode owner can use it by himself.So who will be the attacker,what is the interst?

If you put pptp on your masternode and I decide I want to use it, with a small amount of effort, I can.

And if I'm not a nice person, I could then proxy attacks through your masternode.

pptp is unsafe no matter how strong your chosen password is. The protocol itself is broken. Read the links I provided for more information.

Also, masternodes are services for Dash and should be dedicated and secured.
The fewer services running, the more secure the system.

Buy another $5/mth vps instance for your vpn.

Or, better yet, go with an actual vpn provider like https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

SoftEther VPN is a nice alternative to OpenVPN imo.
https://www.softether.org/

I would agree though that linking YOUR masternode to YOUR vpn is not a good idea if you need privacy but if you just need a way to bypass some restrictions then running them side by side on the same machine is ok imo.

If you put pptp on your masternode and I decide I want to use it, with a small amount of effort, I can.

And if I'm not a nice person, I could then proxy attacks through your masternode.

pptp is unsafe no matter how strong your chosen password is. The protocol itself is broken. Read the links I provided for more information.

Also, masternodes are services for Dash and should be dedicated and secured.
The fewer services running, the more secure the system.

Buy another $5/mth vps instance for your vpn.

Or, better yet, go with an actual vpn provider like https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

And, anyway, the idea is that the Masternodes provide yet other services, besides being only Masternodes. So, maybe, it's indeed a good idea to, little by little, start making experiments like this one, in order to know what works, and what doesn't.

Yes,I'm from China.Web controlled zone.The web (dashpay.io) has been prevented to link almost four months.I have added the VPN to masternode server from then.They all both worked well.I like your reply.

Back