• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode not 'showing up' (masternode start-many)

T

toknormal

Hi !

After updating to v12 (0.12.0.51), the masternode doesn't show up in masternode ninja (which is the only definitive way I know of checking it).

dash-cli getinfo reports everything running ok - blocks are sync'd. Calling "masternode start-many" in the Mac client (also up to date) reports "successfully started 2 masternodes" and correctly reports the aliases of the two nodes which I updated. I re-boooted both Linux servers and launched with dashd -reindex.

P.S. I got a bit confused about TAO's method of checking they're 'live'. https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867820

./dashd masternode list | grep MY IP

If I call this, a "command not found" error is returned. On the other hand, if I call "dash-cli masternode list", a screenful of addresses appears. What are these ? They look too short to be masternode keys. Can I use this list to check for my nodes ?

Is there anything else I could check ? Was there anything in "masternode.conf" that needed changed (either at the hot wallet or cold wallet end). Should I delete "chainstate" again ?

Thanks in advance for any tips !

Tok now try this one :)
./dash-cli masternodelist full | grep -e IP

edit: since v12 all commands need to be called using dash-cli, dashd only for starting the deamon.

They will..just wait. How about other monitoring?

Oops ! Just realized I've been using the top section of the ninja page to check (the "Daemon Monitoring" bit) instead of the bottom one ("Masternode List").

They're both showing up now - all lights green. Sorry for the noise and thanks for the tips !!

P.S. The documentation wiki is really looking great. Q-Dos to all involved in doing that.

Great to know :) now you can relax ;)

Back