• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode donation to p2pool ?

yidakee

Foundation Member
I just had this idea, don't know if its feasible or not.

I'll be setting up my masternode, no doubt. From my 10% "commission", I would gladly send a donation back to the p2pool network - lets say 1%. Now, while I know its "unfair" to MPOS and PROP and other pools, I believe this is would highly incentivise miners to join the DRK network, try/stick to p2pool, better secure the network, spread the hashing love, decentralized style.

p2pool is highly misunderstood by most hobby miners, hence the pools and the risks associated with them, and lets face it, the ramp up SUCKS !! Takes days, no 24h is enough until you really perceive the gains from average daily means. Specially when the coin is new and everyone's rushing in before the flood of GPU's miners from LTC that will shoot diff out of this world. Since this 1% donation doesn't need 120 confirmations, there would be much more "liquidity for payouts" as soon as you'd start submitting shares. This could also be inversely proportionate to miner's hashrate/shares. The less hashrate you have, the more % cut you would receive, so mega GPU farms wouldn't gobble up the rewards. That would seriously incentivise the small miner, like me, one rig doing 11MH/s. Even more to a lonely CPU in a laptop, say, in the middle of Africa or whatever.

I'm sure 1% is way off in the future, who knows? Someone could write and algorithm within p2pool that readjusts the "liquidity donation" based on the % of hashrate attributed to p2pool, so its not too unfair to pool operators and the fine work and service they provide (some, not all). Actually, the masternode would have to do this right?
Build a p2pool "distro" (don't know how to call them) that would contain code that would submit to the masternode its participation, receive the cut from participant masternode in the network, and fairly distribute directly to the miners in it, or back to each p2pool more anonymously and then sent to miners.

This could also incentivise pool operators to innovate, say, in creating multipools that pay back in DRK, pushing the hashrate around to other algo's, lowering diff, increasing DRK price while driving scarcity fast.

I got this idea just now, and would love to see it because I almost quit mining. Came in too late and never ROI'd - I fell for the LTC promise of being ASIC resistant. I can't understand how anyone would permit ASICs after what happened to BTC. Everyone and their grandma should have forked right there and then to tame ASIC R&D.

p2p (not pool) is a "subversive" ideology that comes from people taking your freedom and fighting back!! Its about being strong as a collective. Big money stole my dream with ASICs. I didn't even want to be rich I swear, just survive in a shitty economy without future in my little pseudo-developped country. Centralised BIG MEGA farms are distorting Satoshi's dream, until eventually destroyed.

Power to the TRUE p2p and decentralisation!
Miners should be able to stick together and stand strong... together!

I don't know, make any sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be cool wouldn't it :p

But just had a thought, without ramp up time, people could just start just pool hopping. Not that its bad though. Multipools could take advantage of this? Mega miners could follow the hashrate distribution to increase luck %, including p2pool.

Too many ideas, too little coding knowledge

unfortunately not many people see value in pools. The come and go so often, they just to get their coins from them and move on.

been running the drk multipool since june.. and no one has even bothered to send even a manual donation

Back