• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Live Now: Dash Sponsorship of The Cryptoverse Podcast

I have seen those videos on youtube. I am not crazy about them, compared to other podcasters like TaiZen's CryptoMarket, Chaise That Coin, Bitcoin Rush, Coinigy, even the gettoish Bitcoin Uncensored, I think that Cryptoverse is very plain and amateurish. I really wish the host had a better personality or voice or charisma. Sorry to sound harsh, but I had skipped many videos because of that.

I would really want to know what will that show change in order to be a viable, worth while investment.

Hi JZA,

Thanks for the comment.

In terms of your question:
"What will I change in order to be a viable, worthwhile investment"

My honest answer is "Nothing". Not unless it's based on feedback from my subscribers. My show is not for sale to the highest bidder as you'll read in my proposal I turned down a lucrative offer for sponsorship from an ICO.

The Cryptoverse is what it is. And it's specifically because it is this way that certain people are subscribing and listening daily.

That's not to say your stance is wrong, it's just your stance. And fortunately there are a wide variety of different show types out there, each of which attracts a unique fan base.

So basically I'm just doing me, and people who like what I'm doing subscribe, those that don't ... don't.

I think this is working perfectly because it's exactly how the free market is supposed to function.

I'd say it's important not to confuse your personal preferences with the preferences of my subscribers. In contrast these folks are subscribing for the very things you list:
  1. My personality
  2. My voice
  3. My charisma
All of which are subjectively appealing or not (hence the value of having a variety of choices).

If I hadn't started The Cryptoverse, where would those people looking for what I offer, go? Nowhere. They would remain under-served, and would have to compromise by subscribing to another channel that they may be settling for.

So that's the subjective side.

Objectively my podcast has gained 763 subscribers in the last 28 days and my view count is doubling every month since June 2016.

I also have a 7 minute average view time, which doesn't matter to Dash since the ad spot is in the first 1 minute of each episode.

This is how I'm able to respectfully accept your personal preference (or lack thereof) for my style, because I'm not expecting to attract every single subscriber that's available in the cryptoverse (excuse the pun).

As I mention in my proposal, the subscribers and viewers I do have are well engaged and feel well served.

And finally, I am not short of sponsors approaching me to fill the ad spot. I came to Dash because I believe in it and would like my subscribers to pay attention to it.

But if the network decides to decline, then I will accept the will of the free market once again.

Now having written all this.... I hope you actually run a masternode :D

Chris's videos are okay. Yes, different format / target audience than the others, but nothing wrong with that. Personally, I'd like to see more interviews and a little more depth, but maybe that will come later. When Amanda started out she was really quite bad reading from her notes etc... she improved a lot so why can't Chris? But yeah, I get it that people prefer a pretty female face....

Hi @GrandMasterDash

Do I seem really bad? and that I'm reading from notes?

My personal perspective is that Amanda still presents in a way that makes her seem unsure....because....she talks....kind of.....with these....long.....pauses.....between......statements.

Each of us is different and brings on some specific kind of experience behaviour efforts etc but in the and the goal is the same... to improve the project in any kind of its meaning
You have my votes Monk ;)

Hi @GrandMasterDash

Do I seem really bad? and that I'm reading from notes?

My personal perspective is that Amanda still presents in a way that makes her seem unsure....because....she talks....kind of.....with these....long.....pauses.....between......statements.

The reference to note reading was regarding Amanda, not yourself.

For you, I would suggest more interviews and more obscurity e.g. Siacoin piqued my interest. Oh, and if you do more interviews, try not to shy away from difficult questions like Amanda does. I mean, Amanda is good but sometimes she plays nice a little too much.

@GrandMasterDash

Yes indeed, I want to maintain some obscurity and cover the whole 'Cryptoverse' and not just make it a Bitcoin show.

And regarding the hard questions, recently when I interviewed Jeremy Kauffman I got his agreement to allow a no holds barred rule during the chat... and at one point I stumped him. See here at 42:22:

Back