• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

January 2016 Budget Proposal

Excellent news! Voted!

View attachment 2044

to vote with (linux only) dashvote, have your dash-cli and masternode.conf in ~/.dash and do:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman.git
dashman/dashman vote
You'll be prompted to install any missing dependencies if needed.
Dammit man! I can't save up my DASH with you always making these cool things I have to donate to. ;-)

I would suggest we dissolve the public awareness proposal. We now have overlapping proposals with Transform PR. We should switch to voting in proposals individually. DailyDecrypt, events, conferences, Transform PR, can all be voted on individually. The public awareness team has also not provided any details how the funding up to date has been allocated or any anticipated future uses(except Transform PR). Specifically what advertising is included and what is not and why the DailyDecrypt not in the public awareness but Transform PR is?

Great news with the ATM integration. Dash is a perfect fit!

Hi I don't post on here very much, but one of the proposals has me a bit concerned so I thought I should vocalize my thoughts.

While Michael Terpin does appear to have good credentials in PR and while he may be connected to major publications like the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, I'm far from convinced he will be able to deliver DASH publicity to these sorts of major financial publications mostly because no one to date (from what I've seen) has managed to get any real publicity for ANY Altcoin in a major publication like those. Keep in mind that even Ripple (#2 market cap after BTC) which was massively funded and welcomed by some banks hasn't been able to get any sort of major publicity beyond Bitcoin outlets other than an occasional mention on a wsj blog post in which Ripple wasn't even the focus. So how are we to believe that Michael will deliver this for DASH? I think there is a very low probability that he can deliver this.

I'm not opposed to letting Micheal try to leverage his contacts to see if he can deliver, but to sign with them for 3 months at $6k per month to me seems excessive without having any sort of guarantee that his reach will go beyond what we can easily get ourselves today (Coindesk, Coin Telegraph, etc.).

I seriously think we should either consider using him for 1 month to see what he delivers, or structure the deal in such a way were he only gets his full fee if he meets certain deliverables (i.e. WSJ, NYT, etc.). If he's as effective as he is selling us that he is, then this shouldn't be a problem. And if he doesn't deliver, well then we aren't out $18k (maybe some lesser amount like $6k for his time and work). Those are my thoughts on that.

-Ed

I'm also uncertain/confused about the PR strategy at the moment. I need a deeper understanding of the KPI's. Like Masternode said. Cointelegraph etc are within our reach and 6K is quite a lot of cash to be locked in to. I'd rather we test and gauge performance and ramp up where the best results where. Same goes for the use of the Daily Decrypt, surely anyone who watches that already knows what Dash is?

For those who are concerned about the overlap between the existing PR proposal and the new one, I definitely understand your desire to see everything "itemized."

For those who are opposed to the PR proposal in general, I'm afraid I just don't understand. It doesn't matter how great our technological solution is; if nobody knows about us, we will never achieve adoption or price appreciation. We could cure cancer, but if nobody knew about it, it wouldn't do any good at all.

For those who are concerned about the overlap between the existing PR proposal and the new one, I definitely understand your desire to see everything "itemized."

For those who are opposed to the PR proposal in general, I'm afraid I just don't understand. It doesn't matter how great our technological solution is; if nobody knows about us, we will never achieve adoption or price appreciation. We could cure cancer, but if nobody knew about it, it wouldn't do any good at all.
I'm sure the vast majority of people are in the former camp. I can't see too many being in the latter.

I'm sure the vast majority of people are in the former camp. I can't see too many being in the latter.

I'm a little concerned because Otoh said on BCT that he voted against it because he didn't feel like the marketing would be successful enough to justify the cost. I'm worried that we could go too far down that road...the road of saying "no" without presenting any concrete alternatives. This is especially true of marketing, where results can be difficult to quantify.

I'm a little concerned because Otoh said on BCT that he voted against it because he didn't feel like the marketing would be successful enough to justify the cost. I'm worried that we could go too far down that road...the road of saying "no" without presenting any concrete alternatives. This is especially true of marketing, where results can be difficult to quantify.
Well, that's where the decentralized voting is working. In this case, enough people disagree with Otoh to get that proposal funded. We are not always going to agree on everything, but majority rules. That way, we are always able to get a decisive ruling on every issue, and not have the long, drawn out battles that Bitcoin has.

And don't forget, any project can have their approval rescinded after the fact if perhaps Otoh is right and it will not be effective.

Back