• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is the Bitmain D3 going to change anything ??

Slcharger

Rumors have it that the 2 batches D3 that Bitmain sold had a volume each at 50.000 units. That would add 1500 Th/s to the grid, or would it ??
The question is : Are those miners going to be replaced ??
If not, the situation will be status quo, since they are already mining.
If yes, then difficulty will raise significantly.

My guess is that they want to get rid of the D3 asap, to replace it with an even bigger miner, we don't know anything about, yet. Hence thats why they lowered the price in the second batch, for us to finance their new investment, and boost the sales further.

Or

They are uncertain of the release of Baikal's new Megaminer, and that it could blow them out of the water.

What do you think or know ??

I doubt bitmain are afraid of anyone, I think they just know how much harder it will take to make ROI even on a 2700$ machine once difficulty skyrockets between October d3 and a5 batches. Plus ibelinks now their closest competitor at 22gh with better efficiency which will hit october too. I doubt baikal and pinidea can offer anything competitive with price. You might be right about October being their last d3 batch before bringing in a more efficient and powerful miner. D3+ they will prob call it

Rumors have it that the 2 batches D3 that Bitmain sold had a volume each at 50.000 units. That would add 1500 Th/s to the grid, or would it ??
The question is : Are those miners going to be replaced ??
If not, the situation will be status quo, since they are already mining.
If yes, then difficulty will raise significantly.

My guess is that they want to get rid of the D3 asap, to replace it with an even bigger miner, we don't know anything about, yet. Hence thats why they lowered the price in the second batch, for us to finance their new investment, and boost the sales further.

Or

They are uncertain of the release of Baikal's new Megaminer, and that it could blow them out of the water.

What do you think or know ??
Do you mean 50,000 units or 50 units only?

Im considering of buying this Antminer D3.. but what im affraid of is when the october batch received by customer, it will surely raise the difficulty like skyrocket and thus it will affect our daily earning.. will it give us the profit like the calculators predicted???

Im considering of buying this Antminer D3.. but what im affraid of is when the october batch received by customer, it will surely raise the difficulty like skyrocket and thus it will affect our daily earning.. will it give us the profit like the calculators predicted???

It will increase obvious, probably ROI in 6 months, which today would be less than 1.

I have the same thought with you. They seem to have bigger workers. The difficulty level is greatly increased. I have ordered some d3 delivery in 30/09. Hope it's coming soon and profit.

This^

Bitmain aren't that dumb to make so many as to purposely inflate the price, otherwise people wouldn't be interested in their hardware because there's no profit to mine it

"He that looks at the rain will not sow" There would always be a reason not to and hindsight would say "you should have" if only I had ..." that's life.

I was considering buying a d3 in tomorrow's batch but I fear once received in December the difficulty would be so high it wouldn't be worth it!

you will only get some profits until end of sept or mid of oktober.. the world hashrate will explode and @ the end your profit will shrink to maybe from 5000 by month to 200-600 each month

Back