• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is it technically feasible to require Instant Send?

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
I understand Instant Send and Chainlocks don't always lock but still, is there a technical fix that could enforce Instant Send when it's working?

InstantSend happens automatically and by default for every TX on the Dash network, there is nothing to 'enforce', you couldn't opt out of it even if you tired.
Also, I have no idea what you mean by

I understand Instant Send and Chainlocks don't always lock

At worst Chainlocks can lag several blocks at times, but it always 'works' in the end, it quickly catches up. It is locking the most recent block >99% of the time. LIkewise with InstantSend, it is locking every TX, though at times it might be slow if there is an extreme number of TXes hitting the network.

Well not really, exchanges have the option to ignore IS and Chainlocks. If transactions automatically expired after a period of time without a response then they would have to recognize it or drop the transaction completely, which is fine with me.

I was fairly sure IS and Chainlocks fails under heavy load.

If transactions automatically expired after a period of time without a response then they would have to recognize it or drop the transaction completely, which is fine with me.

This is weird, it is like you are assuming a receiving address needs to 'accept' the TX, this is not at all how blockchains works, they are censorrship resistant, when a tx is sent, it damn well gets to where it was sent to no ifs or buts about it.

At the end of the day an exchange can always ignore your TX for a period of time or forever, we cannot force them to do shit. I face the same issue with some exchanges I trade with and when possible I use exchanges that better handle the blockchain in preference of the those that don't.

This is weird, it is like you are assuming a receiving address needs to 'accept' the TX, this is not at all how blockchains works, they are censorrship resistant, when a tx is sent, it damn well gets to where it was sent to no ifs or buts about it.

At the end of the day an exchange can always ignore your TX for a period of time or forever, we cannot force them to do shit. I face the same issue with some exchanges I trade with and when possible I use exchanges that better handle the blockchain in preference of the those that don't.

I understand. But it seems to me that when an exchange adds certain chains, they are deliberately allowing for fast deposits but dash needs lots of energy to educate for similar results. So I was wondering if there was a mechanism that could enforce this.

I understand. But it seems to me that when an exchange adds certain chains, they are deliberately allowing for fast deposits but dash needs lots of energy to educate for similar results. So I was wondering if there was a mechanism that could enforce this.

I don't know, I think this comes down to a social issue, we as the customers can just keep complaining and raising tickets with them until they notice, it is also a biz dev issue where people like Ernesto that maintain a relationship with our business partners can educate them on why Dash is secure once an ISD lock hits, and thirdly it is an economic issue, currently Dash is too small of a market for most exchanges to bother, but if we were to get bigger and more relevant I think exchanges might want to provide a better service for us.

Interestingly, this is a good segway to our upcoming Maya integration next month. As I understand it, Maya will honour fast deposits, thus streamlining your swap experience on their DEX, be sure to check it out once we are live and let us know how you find it !

You can check if InstantLock is enabled currently on the chain via `dash-cli spork active` `dash-cli spork show`

Last edited:
Back