• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Instant send and it's fees

Dima

In iOS wallet the instant send option set by default. If you wanna make your transaction without instant send you have to change it manually.
Instant send transaction cost alot, something like $0.50-60
In fact there is no difference how to send - with instant send or without. It will take 1 or 2 seconds anyway.
Dash focusing on ordinary people - grandmas, grandpas, whoever, not computer educated people.
So, it just seems wrong to me. Newcomers will use dash iOS wallet as is, without change any options for sure, because they just don't know they have to change something.

My questions:
1. Why instant send fees so high?
2. Why this option set by default if there is no difference how to send it, money will be received after 1-2 sec anyway?

Hi Dima.

With the instant send option the transaction is instantly confirmed preventing it from being double spent. Otherwise the receiver should wait for confirmations which take on average 2.5 minutes each. I think the fees will become smaller in evolution but don't quote me on that.

I'm pretty sure I read in some of the core team plans that fee reduction is planned in one of the next few updates.
There is a difference between the transaction being registered on the network and transaction being confirmed on the network. As Antti said, it guarantees that there is no possibility of double spend, which is very important for point of sales.

Yes the fees ar going to be reduced in the next few months to 10% of what they are now, if my memory serves me correctly. And it does make sense for IS to be enabled by default in the mobile wallet, since that's how we'll be paying for coffee and things where we don't want to be waiting around 2.5 minutes for the first confirmation.

Back