• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Import Paper Wallet Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay294

When I try to Import my Dash Paper Wallet private key to my IOS Dash Wallet App, I get the error "Not a Valid Dash or Bitcoin Address .. Couldn't make payment"

I checked my private key address in Dash Paper Wallet Generator to make sure it is valid and the funds still show on Block Explorer. The paper wallet is BIP38 encrypted.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

That sounds as though you're trying to send a payment to the paper wallet rather than sweeping it. Just check that you've actually gone into the menu then tapped "import private key" and not just tapped the "scan QR code" button.....

That sounds as though you're trying to send a payment to the paper wallet rather than sweeping it. Just check that you've actually gone into the menu then tapped "import private key" and not just tapped the "scan QR code" button.....
Nope... definitely clicked on Import Private Key in the menu. When I do that I get that error message.

I've just generated a wallet on paper.dash.org and tried it myself - and got exactly the same error. I can import the privkey perfectly until I generate one with BIP38 encryption, then I get the error. It seems the iOS wallet doesn't like BIP38. @QuantumExplorer ??

I've just generated a wallet on paper.dash.org and tried it myself - and got exactly the same error. I can import the privkey perfectly until I generate one with BIP38 encryption, then I get the error. It seems the iOS wallet doesn't like BIP38. @QuantumExplorer ??
Is it possible do you know, to remove BIP38 making it importable on IOS?

Is it possible do you know, to remove BIP38 making it importable on IOS?

It looks as though https://paper.dash.org/ will let you do this under the "wallet details" tab. I've no experience of using this but I'd recommend that before you type in your private key etc, you save a copy of the website to your hard drive and run it offline, at the very least.

It looks as though https://paper.dash.org/ will let you do this under the "wallet details" tab. I've no experience of using this but I'd recommend that before you type in your private key etc, you save a copy of the website to your hard drive and run it offline, at the very least.
OK.. so I found some instructions on how to Decrypt my paper wallet and did so offline as you suggested. I imported the private key WIF in IOS and got a new error message - "unexpected response from insight.dash.org"
Any suggestions?

None at all I'm afraid, I'm out of my depth now. I've already tagged QuantumExplorer who is the developer of the iOS wallet, hopefully he will be along soon.

None at all I'm afraid, I'm out of my depth now. I've already tagged QuantumExplorer who is the developer of the iOS wallet, hopefully he will be along soon.
No problem, thanks for taking the time. Hopefully someone's been down this road and can offer suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back