• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How far would you drive ?

How far would you drive for a DASH ATM?

• Total voters

Miner237

Foundation Member
I am putting together some business plans to run some DASH ATMs. I wanted to get some feedback from the first people who would use such a device. I would like to open one at the international airport terminal this year. I know once merchants can accept DASH the need for crypto ATM may shift but it will be a few years for many merchants.

So how far are you willing to drive for DASH ATM to convert funds in either direction. Lets say the machine has a 250 dash sell limit and there is no KYC verification, this may affect how far you drive? Thanks

btw, please, consider also placing a DASH N' DRINK machine near the ATM, as they seem to complement one another, especially now at the beginning, as many more people (newcomers) would feel encouraged to use DASH.

if only the ATM is in the place, only those who already are DASH users will look for it. But if the vending machine is also there, more "curious people" (or even "thirsty people") could become new dashers (as there is the immediate possibility of real use to this "new kind of money").

btw, please, consider also placing a DASH N' DRINK machine near the ATM, as they seem to complement one another, especially now at the beginning, as many more people (newcomers) would feel encouraged to use DASH.

yeah it would be something to draw people in, but I am having a hard time getting good space for the ATM itself let alone a larger vending machine next to it. Can we combine vending and ATM somehow. I could avoid some regulatory rules if I sell "tokens" to use in the vending machines.

If I needed cash, and there were no KYC requirements, I'd go 2 hours (maybe) But I don't like giving all my personal information to anyone. Not that I want to launder money, but because it's creepy :p For depositing cash into Dash, I'd easily go 40 miles, maybe more if it's on my way somewhere. Again, as long as buying Dash doesn't require KYC :)

Yes, I imagine space might be an issue there.

Actually, what we call ATM is not really an ATM, it is a "DASH (token) vending machine" (at least for regulatory purposes)... so, a "combo vending machine" could really be a great solution, specially when it's a "one way" ATM (DASH selling only/no cash dispenser).

If I needed cash, and there were no KYC requirements, I'd go 2 hours (maybe) But I don't like giving all my personal information to anyone. Not that I want to launder money, but because it's creepy :p For depositing cash into Dash, I'd easily go 40 miles, maybe more if it's on my way somewhere. Again, as long as buying Dash doesn't require KYC :)

I have used a BTC atm here. It's a great experience!

I'd love to try one out, but the chances of me buying more Dash are pretty remote, as we're completely cash strapped. Maybe I shouldn't even answer this question, because it wouldn't happen with me (I have to sell all the time to pay for stuff) But, if I could avoid going through my bank to buy, I'd do so, just for privacy. The way I see it, I'm just going to call anything I withdraw as 100% profit until I can afford an accountant. When I can afford an accountant, I will have arrived!!!

Accounting gives me a splitting headache and if exposed too long, I have anxiety and nervous breakdown issues, LOL.

Yes, I imagine space might be an issue there.

Actually, what we call ATM is not really an ATM, it is a "DASH (token) vending machine" (at least for regulatory purposes)... so, a "combo vending machine" could really be a great solution, specially when it's a "one way" ATM (DASH selling only/no cash dispenser).
Yes this could be a great to combo when you have the token and vend you don't need money transmitter license required once you add the fiat out option for USA the regulatory list compounds!!

When Dash and other cryptos start saving people a ton of money, there might be a chance that laws will change (give up kicking the dead horse trying to control how money is used) but that is HIGHLY unlikely, I know. Government never releases control, only tightens it's grip!

Yes this could be a great to combo when you have the token and vend you don't need money transmitter license required once you add the fiat out option for USA the regulatory list compounds!!

Isn't is possible to classify the ATM not as an ATM (money exchange), but as the sale of a "software token", thus, avoiding these regulations? (as the government does not consider DASH to be money).

Isn't is possible to classify the ATM not as an ATM (money exchange), but as the sale of a "software token", thus, avoiding these regulations? (as the government does not consider DASH to be money).
Yes one way Fiat to DASH ATM is good to go you just need to report and pay taxes on the crypto exchanges when you buy and sell the DASH no different than trading on an exchange. When you attach vending it can be done even easier, you don't need to report all the buys and sells of DASH just your profit on the "vend"
The DASH to FIAT is the real tricky part in USA but i feel this is such a great feature for friends and family or even MN owners want to cash out some DASH now and them without involving banks.

We just lost all 4 of our Robocoin (Romit) machines here in Seattle/Washington since they closed and have a HUGE crypto community here so don't forget about us! Also I would drive easily 1+ hour as long as there was a 5% or less fee. I hated the 10% fee that Robocoin used because who the hell wants to pay 26 dollars to buy 260 worth of Dash? I mean come on now... I hope you the best and if you need someone to hunt down a location for you up here, I'd be happy to. I know the Spitfire Bar in Belltown (Seattle) is looking to replace their Robocoin machine.

edit: And I'm sure if you could get some partners around the world, this would takeoff rather quickly.

None of those options work for me -- because I wouldn't even drive 20 minutes just to buy Dash at a vending machine. I can already buy Dash from an exchange, online... why go out of my way to drive to a vending machine just to buy Dash?

If it happened to be in/nearby a store (5 minutes walking distance max), then I might pick some up, just to show friends and family how easy it is. I love Dash, I'm 100% convinced of it's utility and solid fundamentals. But I myself wouldn't use a Dash vending machine since I can probably get a better rate online.

edit: The title says "ATM", but I wouldn't drive to sell Dash either. I'd do that online too.

We just lost all 4 of our Robocoin (Romit) machines here in Seattle/Washington since they closed and have a HUGE crypto community here so don't forget about us! Also I would drive easily 1+ hour as long as there was a 5% or less fee. I hated the 10% fee that Robocoin used because who the hell wants to pay 26 dollars to buy 260 worth of Dash? I mean come on now...

Coinbase charges 10% i hope to be able to operate at 5.5% bad news for robocoin and seattle...but someone will take its place hopefully dash ctm.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of those options work for me -- because I wouldn't even drive 20 minutes just to buy Dash at a vending machine. I can already buy Dash from an exchange, online... why go out of my way to drive to a vending machine just to buy Dash?

If it happened to be in/nearby a store (5 minutes walking distance max), then I might pick some up, just to show friends and family how easy it is. I love Dash, I'm 100% convinced of it's utility and solid fundamentals. But I myself wouldn't use a Dash vending machine since I can probably get a better rate online.

edit: The title says "ATM", but I wouldn't drive to sell Dash either. I'd do that online too.
This is what i have been hearing from most of the finance guys and lawyers the past two weeks. That my customer base is only the people who will physically pass the machine. They want me to sit at the location and count the people to get a more acurate metric. i would drive an hour to cash out crypto anonymous if there is zero kyc. The lamassu atm can do fiat to dash or dash to fiat. Either way the CryptoTellerMachine seems like it wont be profitable until we have more users but i will push onward.

If it's a two-way ATM (buy and sell dash) it can be really convenient. Point in case: When I am in São Paulo (where there is a BTC ATM) I never carry my bank card with me... whenever I need cash I go there withdraw some from my Mycelium balance (I always try to take some friend or two there to witness "the power of crypto" :cool: as I said before, it is a great experience).

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a two-way ATM (buy and sell dash) it can be really convenient. Point in case: When I am in São Paulo (where there is a BTC ATM) I never carry my bank card with me... whenever I need cash I go there withdraw some from my Mycelium balance (I always try to take some friend or two there to witness "the power of crypto" :cool: as I said before, it is a great experience).

Or some people just prefer the privacy of not using an exhange. Some people also don't trust certain random aspects of online purchasing.

Back