Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Historical and future emission rate

Discussion in 'Development Tech Discussion' started by strophy, Nov 23, 2017.

1. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

I'm planning on writing wiki documentation on the past and future coin emission rate and approximate block number or date where the reduction occurs. I found this site https://dash.org.ru/pages/emission.php but the data seems slightly incorrect and Alex-ru told me the page is no longer maintained. https://stats.masternode.me/ also returns some information on coin generation but I could use a little more detail on past rates without digging through old blocks on a block explorer. Does anyone have an alternate source for this data, or can describe it here for my documentation? Also, how was the 10% reduction per block to pay for superblocks handled prior to the existence of superblocks?

Cheers for any help!

2. thephez

thephez Member
    Dash Core Team

Hi, if you haven't seen it yet, the routine in Dash Core that handles the block subsidy can be found here. It may answer some of your questions (it shows the block heights where things changed, the 10% reduction if the block height exceeds the height where payments were added, etc.). Hope this helps...

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. strophy

strophy Administrator

• Like Like x 5
  4. jimbursch

jimbursch Active Member

That is an excellent article! Very well written. Have you written other articles? Do you plan on writing more?

5. strophy

strophy Administrator

Thanks @jimbursch! Yes, writing for the wiki is now my full time job. Feel free to fire topics at me either here or on Discord :)

• Like Like x 1