• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hi, Role of Dash Foundation.

pawsko

Hello,
Could you please explain to me what is the main contribution of Dash Foundation to the project? (advisory?) I understand that the masternodes really make important decisions and manage the projects and are "governing body". What is the foundation for then? Is it some additional governing body? I am doing a research about Dash for some investors.
Thanks,
Paul

Hello,

I am the chair of the board of supervisors of the Dash Foundation. The inception document of the Dash Foundation can be found here.

Public discussion of the dash foundation can be found here.

I was elected by the Dash Masternodes in July and started working for the DIF in August. Since then, we are staged to accept equity in an esports platform. ReadyRaider. This esports platform exclusively accepted Dash, and has since launched their marketplace that employs Dash and other currencies.

This ReadyRaider acquisition does serve as a proof of concept. ReadyRaider is a for profit business. In the past, for profit businesses have requested funds from the network. This generally left parties unhappy with the results. It didn't make much sense for the network to fund someone's project that brings them a profit. Now that the DIF is established, more flexible business arrangements can be made. The masternodes can fund a for profit venture and the venture can provide the DIF equity in that venture. Success of the venture will bring either dividends or an exit to the DIF. In either case, the DIF will have capital that it can redeploy in the interests of the Dash Network.

Currently, our hard work and due diligence are on display with this proposal to the Dash Network.

In my view, this proposal really shows off what the DIF can do. Quadency is currently a FastPass partner, they already have an existing partnership with Dash Core Group. If this proposal passes, then the Dash Network can fill out the partnership and support Quadency in basically every way that a partner would suport Quadency.

I would love to connect with you and discuss this further.

Back