• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help with Masternode setup on amazon EC2 free tier

MrZilch

Hey guys. Im finally getting around to setting up a masternode. I need a little help. I have read some of the guides on this site etc but i need a bit more direction. I would idealy like to set this up on my AWS VPS. if you guys can point me in the right direction in the way of guides that would be awesome. thanks again

Tao's guide is excellent starting point,
https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

All I will add, is that you could try a hot/cold masternode setup on one machine with normal wallet for testing purposes, and then you will know you're good to go. The config is very easy, you don't even need to put an IP in as there is no remote masternode machine to connect to, just place it in the dash roaming folder and use the masternode start 'password' commmand in debug console.
After a successful start,in debug console, use the command, masternode list, to find your IP you should be at the end

rpcuser=YourName
rpcpassword=anythingeverything
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
logtimestamps=1

addnode=23.23.186.131:9999
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey= [command in wallet :- use 'masternode genkey' after placing exactly 1k Dash in the wallet at once]
maxconnections=256

Back