• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help Wallet Wouldn't Sync And Transaction Was Sent

Shizz

Hi everyone. I had a dash qt wallet version 12.0.5x and it was failing to sync. After doing some reading i treid rescanning blocks and that did not work. With nothing left to do i tried updating my wallet using this tutorial. dashpay.atlasian .net (Cannot post because new member).

But basically it has you copy old Dash wallet to DashCore and then update to wallet version 12.1+

Now that I have the new wallet downloaded the blockchain is synced and i still do not have my transactino history or coins in my wallet. I still have the old wallet files including wallet.dat. What do i do to make sure I get these coins back? Because the old wallet would not send the transaction (showing zero confirmations) but also did not give me back my coins. What do i do here?

Can i install Dash on another computer and import my wallet.dat? What would be the right way of going about this?

This has been resolved thanks to moocowmoo in the Dash nation slack channel and he is also on this forum! Thanks MOO!

Can i install Dash on another computer and import my wallet.dat? What would be the right way of going about this?
I'm so sorry, If I'm not posting as I should. I am that GRANDMA Amanda talks about and I'm very concerned that all my coins have been lost because my MAC DASH Electrum 2.4.1 Wallet won't sync. I would like to update and move my coin over to an updated wallet. This forum also confuses me. How do I get someone to help me if I have to reply to someone else's comment? 3 posts??? I don't understand...there's obviously no support line either.

I'm so sorry, If I'm not posting as I should. I am that GRANDMA Amanda talks about and I'm very concerned that all my coins have been lost because my MAC DASH Electrum 2.4.1 Wallet won't sync. I would like to update and move my coin over to an updated wallet. This forum also confuses me. How do I get someone to help me if I have to reply to someone else's comment? 3 posts??? I don't understand...there's obviously no support line either.

hey irene
if you are on Electrum 2.4.1 - it does NOT work
update your wallet software with ver. 2.6.4
https://electrum-dash.org
and everything will be fine

@Irene As long as you have your 12-word seed safely written down somewhere (keep it secret), your Dash is safe while you figure out this wallet situation. I completely understand how it can be confusing.

Back