• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

First time with a Miner - Bought PinIdea DR3 w/ EVGA 850W P2

f4k9

Annnd I think I am connecting them correctly, the two AVG 8 pins to the 2 pins on the box. The PSU will not turn on.

There is no on or off buttom for the DR3 (that I seen?) so I figured just turning the on-off switch on the PSU would turn it on and off; surprisingly I can't get my device to even turn on to test.

The wired ethernet doesn't have to be plugged in first correct?

Am I missing something here?

Sorry complete newbie when it comes to Miners...

Would appreciate the support from anyone (primarily someone with a DR3! :))

Thanks!

Last edited:
Okay guys, so I got it to work although via clearly understanding the first replies' answer. Thank you again mister! :)

This is very odd; but when I tried this I had the following connected to my Router/Modem Combo that supports WiFi and 100GB/ps speeds

My ISP's Cable Modem was the Router/Modem combo - It is a common Modem that is widely used ATM for stock Modems.

It also runs the TV for my mom (not via Internet but Cable) and the landline phone for my Mom (my mother whom I have been sole caretaker of for close to a decade uses landline phone due to her having multiple strokes. And I do not use the TV subscription but I pay $75 a month for her to have TV with all the shows she watches...

Anyway, I have a problem, when I turn on my Miner; my wifi JUST on my computer shuts off (haven't seen if the WiFi on the phone does) but it does not shut off anything else (TV and Landline phone attached to the Router, both work) the thing is - my Amazon Fire TV still connect perfectly. Maybe there is a Browser on there.. But then I could only mine when I am not on the PC (which is no problem if I set this Miner up on my Fire TV or god help me.. My phone)

Any suggestions? any idea WHAT could be going on? I shut off the Amazon Fire TV and turned it on, boom 5-10 seconds after it turns on (the miner)it kicks me off my WiFi (ONLY on PC!). Could it be attempting to duplicate my assigned port? This can't happen, it would assign it's own correct?

Also selling both this and an Antminer S9 (BTC) Most recent edition w/ Bitminer AWP+ 220-240V PSU included. Will definitely require an Escrow (maybe via BTCTalk, someone or some service we both agree on with a low fee :))

Anyone interested? We will mutually agree on an Escrow for BTC/PayPal and move on from there. Can show mass pics and can video skype and show you the miner live. will be recording the packaging and sending of the package as well (and providing tracking+signature) via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box.

Thats my plug and thats my problem!

Thanks for the help!

Again previous problem fixed!

Last question before I'm in... admin/admin is not working it says my password is wrong when trying to log into the configuration.

Is there a way to reset the miner somehow?

Back